Should I buy a Class 25 ?

Started by port perran, November 03, 2013, 08:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Chris in Prague

Thank you, Bob G, very useful summary and for the link. The new etched cab fronts really make a tremendous difference and, IMHO< cure the most obvious problem with the current 25 moulding.

ParkeNd

Did my first runs on the new layout today when the controller was finally plumbed in. Used the £45 Bargain Class 25/3 rather than the new £111 Class 22 or anything else new and £85 to £100 and still in the box.

Needed a gentle poke up the bum to move away first try and then ran superbly in either direction for 30 mins each way. Now runs quietly and crawls and starts and stops very realistically. Without watching it through a magnifier this blue one runs so well I have ordered the green one too.

Chris in Prague

Good for you! Enjoy your Class 25s.

port perran

Enjoy that Class 25.
Mine's a great little runner.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

ParkeNd

Second Bargain £45 Class 25/3 arrived this morning and is now also run in. The green looks great and runs beautifully.

daveg

Must confess I have two and they both have run very nicely.

Quite understand the critique regarding the quality/accuracy of the modelling but for me it's good enough!

Dave G

ParkeNd

Third day of trial running the new layout to prove it prior to ballasting. Loaded it up with 10 locos and all my wagons and coaches/autocoaches. Have to say that the fantastic starting/running/smooth stopping of the two £45 bargain 25/3s was so good as to kick any purist cosmetic criticism into the long grass. They are superb.

Chris in Prague

Quote from: ParkeNd on November 19, 2013, 01:20:22 AM
Have to say that the fantastic starting/running/smooth stopping of the two £45 bargain 25/3s was so good as to kick any purist cosmetic criticism into the long grass. They are superb.

Delighted that you're so happy with them.

I look forward to the day when I have a layout when I can get to the stage of test running before ballasting.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations