Reincarnation on the road network set to increase?

Started by woodbury22uk, September 04, 2021, 03:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

My MSN news feed just pointed me towards an article from the Daily Express about the impact of introducing speed limiters on cars in the EU from next year. The article said that the EU say that "The (speed limiter) tools are part of their bid to reach net zero road deaths by 2050."

Now I could understand that the goal might be to reach zero road deaths, but "net zero" paints a different picture for me. Does that mean that some people will come back from the dead to offset those dying, or that the offset calculation is will be to account for an increased birth rate on the road system.

Or maybe I am just having an pedantic day. :) :)
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

tutenkhamunsleeping

Long thin maternity units to be built on central reservations?

Flange Squeal

I could participate in creating babies to make up for my terrible driving skills :D

Ali Smith

The journalist made a mistake and you spotted it. I wonder how many more errors are out there that aren't so readily picked up.

Adam1701D

The Daily Express exists in some sort of parallel reality, so anything's possible  :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Ali Smith on September 04, 2021, 05:47:17 PM
The journalist made a mistake and you spotted it. I wonder how many more errors are out there that aren't so readily picked up.

A long while back in another century The Times had a crime report which involved the girlfriend/boyfriend of Rosie Swales, a courageous woman who was renowned for circumventing the earth in her yacht. They described Rosie Swales as a former round-the-world yachtswoman. I remember wondering how recently you have to have sailed round the world to lose the "former" title. It would be like Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay - former first mountaineers to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations