What interests you most?

Started by wombat457, March 22, 2021, 11:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wombat457

Being new here, I am trying to get a feel for what interests people, what part of the world they model, what aspect of the hobby holds the most interest for them such as scenery, electronics, structures etc.

I'm asking because I don't think there is anything worse than having people post things that no one has an interest in and don't want to fall into that category.
Cheers,

Tony

"Knowing what to do is one thing - Being able to do it is another"
"It's easy to criticize - harder when you have to justify it"

stevewalker

I wouldn't worry. No matter what area of interest you post about, someone will be interested, provoked to thought, prompted to comment or to give some help.

njee20

Couldn't agree more. If people don't tolerate posting of things they're not interested in then they'll find forums disappointing!

LASteve

Double-thumbs-up for prior comments. If I only read the forum for topics I was already interested in and was conceited enough to ignore anything else as "not interesting" I'd have missed out on 99% of the content here and probably 100% of the people I've come to know through their posts and count as forum friends.

Have at it, and don't hold back.

Bealman

Yep, being a mod means that I do look at a lot of posts, but I certainly don't read em all!

As the above comments say, just post away - someone will be interested!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

wombat457

Thanks gents I just hope you all like pictures, especially of layout builds, scenery and structures the three things that interest me the most about this hobby next to running trains  :)
Cheers,

Tony

"Knowing what to do is one thing - Being able to do it is another"
"It's easy to criticize - harder when you have to justify it"

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Chris Morris

Our hobby is a "broad church". From those who build their own finescale track and locos to those who run locos straight out of the box and don't have any scenery. Its all about doing whatever you enjoy and photos help to spread that joy.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Newportnobby

Piccs and vids are always enjoyed by most members, although you can't upload vids directly to the forum but have to use a hosting site e.g. YouTube, flickr, Dropbox etc.
I freely admit to having no interest at all in DCC and Sound as
(a) I'll never use such systems
(b) have no knowledge of either other than what I've read/heard
(c) would have no contribution to make

Being hopeless at electrickery I lap up anything that could help me understand this 'Black Art' (tis the Devil's work, you know)

Fardap

I usually have a look at anything if the subject tweaks my interest. It is the same as magazines, I might be a N Scale modeller but I still read about and look at the 4mm, 7mm and garden rail stuff as you invariably find out something that is not scale specific but is a new skill or technique that can be applied to any scale.

If you write it they will come...

They may not stay but who cares  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations