Daytime running lights on road vehicles

Started by woodbury22uk, December 10, 2014, 08:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

Quote from: geoffc on January 22, 2015, 11:06:39 PM
I second the statement if you can not see a car in broad daylight without it have bright lights on, ask your self should you be driving.

Geoff  C+E licence holder

Geoff

My original post was about the use of daytime running lights in the dark,which means no lights show to the rear.

I agree about being able to see cars in broad daylight being a pre-requisite for safe driving, but the big problem comes with the in between times like low winter sun, or heavily overcast days which have been prevalent recently. Then drivers need to show lights front and rear to be seen from a distance. When I am driving I try to read the road as far ahead as I can see as well as everywhere in between. I'll probably spot a vehicle (lit or not) sooner than people who read the road only between them and the car in front. Lights help me read ahead in poor visibility.

My car has 55w bulbs in the headlights, but I am not sure what the maximum allowed is these days. I managed to replace the failed bulb on mine in 3 minutes yeasterday. Pleased it is not one of the Renaults where you have to dismantle the wing liner to do it.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations