Hannibal

Started by wildphill, July 02, 2013, 11:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildphill

Just watched latest episode on sky right at the end in a black and white flashback one of the characters was sat on a train with her dad. American style on the inside American coach through the window but the outside shot was of 2 midland mainline hst's, Amtrak didn't want to associated with murder maybe?

Vonzack

Sprintex

How did he get the elephant into a MK3 vestibule then? :D

Paul

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Sprintex on July 03, 2013, 09:09:42 AM
How did he get the elephant into a MK3 vestibule then? :D

In the trunking
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Michael Shillabeer

It was the same in the History Channel's "Men who built America" series - lots of shots showing a clearly British train!

Michael

johnlambert

I remember watching a 1980s adaptation of an Agatha Christie murder mystery starring Bill Bixby (Dr Banner of The Incredible Hulk).  Apart from the fact that I kept expecting him to get angry and turn green the opening of the film featured some mixed train footage, although at least it was all consistently blue grey BR stuff.  But it starts with footage of a HST, then cuts to the interior of a train compartment.  More HST footage, then a loco-hauled Mk1 rake stops at a station.  So I thought, maybe it was going to lead to two trains passing and an updated version of the 4:15 from Paddington or whatever it was.  But no, back to more HST footage then Mk1s arriving at Marylebone which was consistent with shots outside the station.

I do wish I had Sky as I'd love to see Hannibal, guess I'll have to wait for the DVD boxed set.

wildphill

it started off well but now its a bit daft that the FBI's best investigators can't work out the the murdering cannibal that thier after is the quite strange man that they work with how's name rhymes with cannibal, what i really like is when they sneak in a scene or line from the origional manhunter, a couple of weeks ago they did the whole aftershave ship on the bottle bit funny!
how about any other tv train howlers? the wife hates it when i point out something isn't in the country it says it should be when the wrong train goes past in the background. like the x files in the USA but only ever Canadian trains. and if i remember right i saw someone from coronation street get on a train for london, yes it was manchester victoria but i dont think i would want to try it on the class 142 they boarded!

Kipper

A number of older American made films about the UK often had trains going over level crossings, with the sound of US crossing gongs ringing. This would be in the time of wooden gates being opened by station staff or a big wheel in the signal box!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations