Final (Quarterly) Issue of N Gauge Now Magazine No 36

Started by Mark, November 29, 2023, 01:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

I've just received the latest, and it seems, last edition of N Gauge Now Magazine. There's an editorial announcing Howard's decision to cease publishing quarterly. He cites numerous reasons including increasing postage costs and the challenges of operating as a one man band, especially after his broken ankle.  He also says he's pretty much completed one of the magazine's principle aims - recording the history and development of n gauge locomotives and stock and their prototypes, so maybe it has reached the end of its natural lifespan anyway.  He suggests there may be annual editions in the future.

I'll miss N Gauge Now - it's always been a well published, enjoyable and informative read. Good luck to Howard and whatever comes next for him.

Mark

middlefour

Not got my issue yet but that is sad to hear, I have always enjoyed the magazine. I like the style and the clear layout and the interesting articles. I will miss it.
Steve

Smokebox Door

Aye, many thanks Howard, your efforts were much appreciated. I realise that despite the article title stating 'End of the Line', that's only true for the magazine branch. I'm looking forwards to the 'Annual' and other sporadic publications in due course.
I've just received a load of back issues, so plenty still for me to read.

Firstone18

Quote from: Smokebox Door on December 02, 2023, 05:26:56 PMAye, many thanks Howard, your efforts were much appreciated. I realise that despite the article title stating 'End of the Line', that's only true for the magazine branch. I'm looking forwards to the 'Annual' and other sporadic publications in due course.
I've just received a load of back issues, so plenty still for me to read.
I too will miss this excellent publication; I have every issue of it.
I spoke to Howard at TINGS this year and also look forward to some 'ad-hoc' publications he may produce.
Cheers :beers:
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Newportnobby

A great shame. I've bought every issue from Day 1 along with all the 'Guides' that have been produced for locos, coaching stock and wagons. Those, in conjunction with 'N Gauge Resource', enable me to look like the school swot :)
I saw Howard at the Liverpool show this year and, although he didn't say it was coming to an end, he did say as a one man band now it was too much

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations