Seated passengers for carriages

Started by trkilliman, February 14, 2018, 09:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonHarbour

Yes, but the Chinese ones are soooo much cheaper and you can get a lot of them...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100-x-1-150-N-Scale-White-UnPainted-Model-Train-People-Scenery-Figures/172163978499?epid=887675754&hash=item2815c5d503:g:3AsAAOSwj99aFT3f - $2.23 + $0.99 postage (Australian Dollars)

There are many other examples to be honest. This was the first one I came across.
Still planning a layout...

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on February 16, 2018, 11:08:09 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on February 16, 2018, 10:07:00 AM
Quote from: Bealman on February 16, 2018, 09:25:18 AM
What.... a carriage load of naturalists?

Not a pleasant thought :no:
I'm now having a 'daymare' at 10.06 a.m. :o

Why? :hmmm: It'll just be David Attenborough and his pals hanging out. :D

Yep, that's what the daymare was about :goggleeyes:

Caz

I think the naked ones might be naturists, naturalists like collecting plant samples etc,   :P
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bealman

Oops. :-[

I suppose Charlie Darwin wouldn't have got as far as he did in the buff
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

acook

Back in them days you had to hang out (with) the Gentry.
Sorry.
alan

railsquid

Quote from: Caz on February 16, 2018, 08:21:59 PM

I think the naked ones might be naturists, naturalists like collecting plant samples etc,   :P

Samples of bush, that kind of thing?

I'll get my coat... I'll need it on that train...

acook

You'd need the coat then you could be the Flashing Rear End Device.
Already on my way out.
Alan

EtchedPixels

Presier do some bulk cheap unpainted ones. For most coaches those or the chinese ones seem to do well and unless you've got lighted coaches with big clear windows if you just spray them brown it looks fine. I did have to cut them up for some coaches as the floors are too thick.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

G_N_E_R

Hello!
I've ordered 200 of the Chinese people as part of the great coach project to see how they look inside passengers, I'll make a thread and let y'all know how i find them! 200 people for £3.78!
Regards,
Philip

Phoenix

Hi there,

The Chinese figures I am sure will be fine for coaches, especially when you consider they will be moving most of the time.

If you have any left over, I have just done a tutorial here you may be interested in .....

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=41053.msg502062#msg502062

It shows how to easily fit the figures into Oxford Diecast vehicles, so you no longer have magic cars that drive themselves  :D :D

With all best wishes
Kevin

:beers:

monkey_brains

Brilliant idea - thanks for sharing the tutorial, I'd already started slicing a dicing one of the packs off eBay to make my 153 full and standing in typical Northern Rail style - next stop one with a green shirt for the obligatory Stobart lorry
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations