Weather (or not)

Started by jonclox, January 29, 2015, 04:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonclox

:o :goggleeyes: The weathers arrived down n Hampshire. 25 minutes ago it started to rain and hail but  now its snow and sleet with a dash of thunder thrown in for luck Already the roofs of houses are turning white
Time to retreat into hibernation I think :-\
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

austinbob

Quote from: jonclox on January 29, 2015, 04:08:31 PM
:o :goggleeyes: The weathers arrived down n Hampshire. 25 minutes ago it started to rain and hail but  now its snow and sleet with a dash of thunder thrown in for luck Already the roofs of houses are turning white
Time to retreat into hibernation I think :-\
And - 30mins later here just down the road in Farnborough - its all gone. More due tonight I think. As you suggested - hibernation for a while and then back to the layout! :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Portpatrick

Here in Watford, no more than a bit of sleet/hail which melted within minutes.  What is more it did not hinder the landscaping team who finished 2 weeks work redesigning our back garden today.

sparky

...and there's me thinking this would be a thread about getting the airbrush out...or not... :dunce:

Jonny

Here in Carlisle.  We had a light dusting yesterday morning which got heavier during the day. Then  over night and early this morning we had about an inch to inch and half. More during the morning then this afternoon its started to thaw and temp now going down to freezing
:veryangry: going to be great in the morning here
Live each day as if it's your last

As one day you may be right.

Carlisle to Silloth. 1854-1964
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlisle_and_Silloth_Bay_Railway

Komata

Meanwhile, on the 'underside', where it's summer, it's 0723, with clear skies and a forecast 'high' of 30 Degrees C. at our nearest city. However, because of micro-climates, locally, it will probably be nearer 40.  Not as hot as on the Western Island, but for a small  inland town, warm enough...   :wave:  :wave:

I thought that those of the membership who are 'enduring' snow, sleet and cold might like to know....  :angel:  :angel:
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

Dorsetmike

But here in the sunny south, it's bright moonlight but a bit cold, we had a bit of rain earlier but now clear as a bell, forecast does show some rain expected in the small hours. Just hope they got it right for once.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

petercharlesfagg

Whether the weather be cold,
Or whether the weather be hot,
We weather the weather, whatever the weather,
Whether we like it or not!

Try that after a few beers or an alcohol drink of your choice!
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Dorsetmike

That's the thing about the UK, we don't have a climate, we just get weather.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

port perran

Bit of rain and occasional sharp sleet showers here today mixed in with bright sunny spells.
Windy but not too cold.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

austinbob

Tell me people... Is it a Brit thing talking about the weather or is it global?
I'm not complaining - just interested to know. I'm always complaining about the weather, its always too hot or too cold, or too wet or whatever!!
Maybe its because Brit weather is so variable and unpredictable that you can't plan your life so well around the weather.

:confused2:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Apart from the cold really affecting my chest infection I'll believe Carol Kirkwood (weather lady on 6 ack emma BBC news) whatever she tells me :drool:

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on January 29, 2015, 08:50:37 PM
Apart from the cold really affecting my chest infection I'll believe Carol Kirkwood (weather lady on 6 ack emma BBC news) whatever she tells me :drool:
She's a cracker as some comedian, whose name I forget, used to say.

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Quote from: austinbob on January 29, 2015, 08:52:48 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on January 29, 2015, 08:50:37 PM
She's a cracker as some comedian, whose name I forget, used to say.

Frank Carson, I think, Bob.

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on January 29, 2015, 08:56:29 PM
Frank Carson, I think, Bob.

That's the one. - I wish I had your memory newportnobby!!

I tend to remember important things like - when's the pub open and - when are Hattons gonna deliver my pre-orders!!

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations