disposal of surplus items

Started by guest311, August 08, 2019, 01:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

guest311

apologies, but boxes which were estimated to arrive friday didn't, or saturday, or yesterday, and postie has been today and no sign of them.
supposedly despatched last week, so don't know where they've got to.
if not delivered tomorrow, I'll go up the town and get sufficient / suitable sized boxes to send purchased locos and carriages.

apologies

alan

UPDATE :
I have messaged seller, but so far no response, so I have placed an order with another supplier for boxes, who is quoting thurs / fri delivery.
so, one way or another all purchases so far should be in the hands of Royal Mail by next monday at the latest.

guest311

boxes finally arrived about 20 minutes ago, via Yodel express 48 hr delivery.......
so today is wednesday, initially delivery due last friday, then last saturday ... >:(

no response from seller to e-bay message re non arrival  :thumbsdown:

will be packing sold items this evening once grandsons have left, hopefully post office tomorrow.

as previously, buyers will be advised of despatch with tracking reference.

alan

Paulwhitt20

Thanks for keeping us updated Alan

guest311

awaiting delivery today of 2nd order of smaller boxes, so will now be posting monday.

I have had 'interest' from several members re either locos [ can I have pics please] or rolling stock, but have then heard nothing else.

have pm'd re these, as my preference now is to post all in one go, and I have had one reply.
so, tomorrow/sunday all outstanding PAID FOR orders will be packed in appropriate sized boxes, and posted monday WITHOUT FAIL.

any 'interests' in stock or locos that have not replied by then will be taken as not now interested.

I will then list types of rolling stock still available, anyone interested can then let me know their requirements, and any further sales will be packed and posted, and I will then re-organise my stock to fulfill my timetable, make any further donations to the forum, and ask the mods to lock the thread.

thank you all for your interest, I have profited, the forum has profited, and I hope that those who have bought will also feel that they have profited.

guest311

just had the guy from parcel force at the door with my latest order of JB foam trays, blue boxes and stacking racks.

I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS GUY'S PRODUCTS TOO HIGHLY ?

been using them for years, both for railway and wargames units.

so if you order his foam trays in blue boxes, you get ...
the foam tray [different styles available]
an A4 size foam sheet
and the blue box.

you can also order the stacking frame for these, each frame takes x5 trays.

so, what is so great ........?

firstly, great quality
secondly, fast despatch
thirdly, I can use the boxes and foam sheets to store my 20mm wargames units in the racks, while storing railway locos and stock in the foam trays in boxes scored from Tescos

SWMBO hasn't yet realised that the foam trays can be stacked in these boxes, so she is still thinking 50% of my loco strength  >:D

also, when he packs an order you get piles of spare foam as packing, which will explain to those who receive parcels next week why there is so much foam, and not bubble wrap.  :thumbsup:

a win all around.

at £5 for a foam tray, and £10 for a foam tray in a blue box, who can complain ?

Jeff McGhie

Have you a link to the JB foam trays please?

guest311

guest311

APOLOGIES ..... I have had a senior moment  :-[

monday is yet another bank holiday, so I expect post office will be closed  :dunce:

now looking at posting tuesday.

used to remember bank holidays before I retired, usually a quiet night shift, and DOUBLE-BUBBLE  :laugh3:

guest311

all parcels posted this morning at 11:44.

buyers should now have a PM with their tracking reference number.

can be tracked via
https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item#/

please confirm receipt of your parcels when they arrive and, if happy to, make comments.

regards
alan

guest311

Well, Royal Mail is certainly on it's game ...
just checked and all parcels delivered/attempted delivery [two no one in, so pending] and one showing as en route Gatwick to Heathrow.

AdrianC

My package arrived today :)
Very well packed, everything runs well.
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

Steven B

The coaches I bought arrived safely yesterday; Well packed and, appart from missing their boxes and detailing bits, in as new condition.

I'm certainly very happy to have saved several tens of pounds over current eBay prices!

Steven B.

guest311

with all parcels despatched, one on it's way to the USA, five delivered,with two acknowledged, and two awaiting redelivery, I think its time to look at closing this thread, pay any extra donations, and take a break.

so if anyone is interested in any mk.1s, mk.3 SLEPS, GUVs, CCTs, TPOs etc, please let me know.

otherwise I will reorganise my remaining stock into new rakes, and allocate them to the timetable.

class 22s received no interest, and so I may reinstate the plan to convert / renumber to class 29s.

the mk.1 maroon set also received no interest, so I may retain this for a steam special, which means a review of the kettles that were due to be listed.

class 37s and 47s did not generate the expected interest, so they will, if no serious interest noted, be returned to the roster.

lastly, my rule 1 blue pullman set, which was under consideration for disposal, will be retained for now due to the general lack of interest in other items.

guest311

many thanks to those of you who took the time to confirm safe arrival of their items.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations