Changing my email, what do do?

Started by weave, July 26, 2014, 10:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Hi all,

Had to change my email address and wanted to know how to do it on here. Do I PM Tank?

Also any advice on changing other stuff like do I need to inform Paypal etc? Am not good with computers and am having a bit of a nightmare.

The old one was apparently hacked and blocked but can't remember the password and can't give enough info to get in and sort or cancel. SWMBO has set up a new one for me. She's in IT and can't work out the old one either.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks weave

Malc

You might be able to do it from your profile pages. I've not tried it, but worth a look. I got fed up with emailing all my contacts when I had to change ISPs and email addresses, so registered my name as a .co.uk domain. The company that registers it for me on a 2 year basis, also forwards mail that comes in to the real address. So one email to my provider, means I don't need to tell all my contacts.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

scotsoft

You can change it from your profile page, I am fairly sure when you do that you have to log in again  :hmmm:

If you have any problems changing it please let me know  ;)

cheers John.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: weave on July 26, 2014, 10:36:25 AM
but can't remember the password

Am I correct in thinking that although you accessed your email regular you did not need to remember your password each time because it was already filled in under a row of stars/asterisks ?
In which case your computer is remembering it for you and you should be able to dig it out :)

In Firefox it is easy : Tools>Options>Security>Saved Passwords> Show Passwords >",you sure," = Yes

Otherwise,
there are lots of free softwares to show the password under the stars, Google "Password reveal" (or similar) will show loads.
I used to use "StarPW Revealer" to good effect and I see that it is now available as portable freeware so you dont have to mess with your system installing it, just run on a USBflash or external drive.

weave

Quote from: scotsoft on July 26, 2014, 11:34:57 AM
You can change it from your profile page, I am fairly sure when you do that you have to log in again  :hmmm:

If you have any problems changing it please let me know  ;)

cheers John.

Thank you. Have changed it now. Twas profiles.

weave

Quote from: MalcolmAL on July 26, 2014, 01:19:30 PM
Quote from: weave on July 26, 2014, 10:36:25 AM
but can't remember the password

Am I correct in thinking that although you accessed your email regular you did not need to remember your password each time because it was already filled in under a row of stars/asterisks ?
In which case your computer is remembering it for you and you should be able to dig it out :)

In Firefox it is easy : Tools>Options>Security>Saved Passwords> Show Passwords >",you sure," = Yes

Otherwise,
there are lots of free softwares to show the password under the stars, Google "Password reveal" (or similar) will show loads.
I used to use "StarPW Revealer" to good effect and I see that it is now available as portable freeware so you dont have to mess with your system installing it, just run on a USBflash or external drive.

Thankyou. SWMBO  says she will have a go tomorrow as she's been drinking Cava and is watching Columbo.

Will let you know how we get on but many thanks for advice.

I need to do a computer course!

Cheers weave

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations