Should I buy bachmann?

Started by gman3000, July 22, 2014, 04:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman3000

Hi, I had an issue with a bachmann American desiel I purchased. Sent back. My question now is should I go for another Bachman or not?

Advice welcome, I only have a small budget so looking to by second hand

Thanks

scotsoft

I am not a great fan of Bachmann American diesel locos and if your budget is tight, have you considered Life Like diesel locos?

I have a few of them and I think they are much better runners than Bachmann diesel locos.

I have found that Bachmann steam locos are surprisingly very good runners.

It may benefit you in the end to save up a bit longer and buy a Kato secondhand.  I managed to get a Kato Santa Fe GP-38 last week on eBay for £25 and it runs well  ;)

cheers John.

scottmitchell74

I'm somewhat in the minority, and part of this has to do with the particulars of my layout, but I buy Life-Like to the exclusion of almost all else. I don't deny that Atlas and Kato are great, but I have only one time had a problem with a Life-Like. They are very strong pullers and seem to forgive my poor track skills. I've not had great Bachmann diesel success, but I do know the very recent Bachmann are supposed to be leaps and bounds better than anything they've done in the past.

I always reference this guy before I purchase something... http://spookshow.net/locolist.php?diesels=6&nonbrass=3&sortby=5&Submit=Submit

It's gospel to me.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations