Oldman's health issues.

Started by Oldman, June 17, 2014, 11:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

Hope everything works out ok , get well soon.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

petercharlesfagg

As all of us are getting older by the day we can all sympathise.

Just remember that we are all behind you!  We do not want to stand in front in case you fall over!

Warmest regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Bealman

All the best Mike, but sorry, Peter.. I wouldn't be behind you even if I was sober  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Oldman

Well I'm home again but with a very sore throat..
Biopsies taken from my stomach and just got to wait for the results.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Silver Line

Hope you get a green all clear signal  :)
Alwyn
Alwyn

Newportnobby

Please keep us posted, Mike, and good luck when the results come through :thumbsup:

Oldman

First the good news is I got the all clear on stomach cancer but  possibly due to being on steroids for the breathing have got a hiatus hernia that I shall have to live with including changing diet and eating patterns.
Still some other tests to go but they refuse to do them until I have been on the changed diet for a month.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

zwilnik

That is good news. Sucks about the diet though.

Malc

Great news about the big C. I have had a hiatus hernia for 30 years. I haven't changed my diet, but avoid large meals and don't eat late at night. The doc advised me to put a couple of bricks under the legs at the top of the bed. Didn't do that, but followed the other advice. The thing settled down after a few weeks of eating less.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

REGP

Great News!

But agree the diet can be a bit of a nuisance, just look on the bright side.

Ray

Jerry Howlett

Missed this original bulletin Mike.

Sorry to hear of your troubles and hope it gets under control soon, and you can make more progress on that crazy project of yours.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Bealman

Chin up, buddy. All the best,

George  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Silver Line

Great news. I don't think you should find the diet difficult. You will miss some of the treats you enjoyed but which were probably bad for you anyway. For me I miss fresh cream trifle yummy but the suffering wasn't worth it for just 5 minutes of pleasure.  :)
Alwyn

Newportnobby

Excellent news on the C front, Mike :claphappy:
Hope the diet change isn't too drastic.

joe cassidy

Hope beer/wine is still OK ?

Best regards,

Joe

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23