So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzy

I have now been told to stay at home today, and report for work tomorrow and Thursday. There are 3 on my shift so basically, we are down to a legal requirement of 2 persons for safety.

Looks Luke I will not be working every 3rd day.

Mizzy Gizzy also WFH today....
Gizzy

Gentleman, scholar, railway modeller....

Bob G

I need some clarification. This morning I received a text message from the NHS.

"You must follow Government advice and stay home. You may receive more detailed advice re your health condition soon. Visit www.nhs.uk"

Now I think I'm pretty smart with a PhD but I can't tell if

(1) this message is just reiterating the same as the other messages from UK Gov that I've been getting about new rules in force now about not going out, or
(2) I am in the 1.5M that REALLY should not go out and this is the NHS telling me in a roundabout way to self isolate.

I've been reviewing the list of conditions of folk who are at risk and I didnt think I was in that list.
I'm under 60 (just), have high BP and take statins, and I have a tickly lung that was really exacerbated by our building extension and all the plastering two years ago.
But I didnt consider that high risk.

So should I expect to get a much sterner text message if I REALLY shouldn't go out?

Bob

dannyboy

Listening to BBC news this morning, evrybody in the UK, (with a mobile 'phone) is getting a message about the restrictions. As I understand what you have put Bob, that message is the one that everybody is getting and if you are in the 1.5 million at particular risk, you will be contacted again. I might be wrong though, we have nothing like that in Ireland - yet.

Addit: Just found this @Bob G
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52017451
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Calnefoxile

Mrs C & I are into our 6th day of self-isolation as she woke up last week with a temperature and a tickly cough, which has completely disappeared now, but seeing as she's a Nurse working for a Private Company that does Access to Care requests and also helps out on the 111 helpdesk, then her place told her to self-isolate, fortunately Mrs C has been provided with a laptop that enables her to log into work and do her stuff remotely but she has to squirrel herslef away as she's taking persoanl details, she did say "Oh I can use your desk for that" to which my answer was "Like %^&* you can, sit in the bedroom and do it  ;) ;) "

As I work for someone who supports the Emergency Services Communications kit it meant that I had to stay home as well for the obligatory 14 days, which considering I've just had 6 weeks off after my knee op, is driving me insane. I can support the rest of the team by phone and giving Tech advice where I can and manageing their cases and case updates.

My daughter & her boyfriend work for Sainsbury's so they've had to stay home as well.

Oh well I'm sure I can find something useful to do  ;) ;) and after the 2 weeks we'll all be back at work as we are classed as essential workers.

Cheers

Neal.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Dorsetmike on March 24, 2020, 11:38:03 AM
@ntpntpntp
If he likes lots of srings why not get him a theorbo, might need a bit bigger boot on the car though ::)

I'm sure Samsung will do one that folds in half for easy carrying ;)

DarrwestLU6

Quote from: AndyRA on March 24, 2020, 10:05:05 AM
Quite ready  :)

@AndyRA - what a fantastic shot of the railway! Brings back memories as I grew up in Harrow...

My end, first day of total lock down, I did get out for a run in the fields with the dog (as permitted). Saw a few other people, everyone is keeping their distance up here in the countryside. Which is sensible. We've started digging up our garden now to grow vegetables too...
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

guest311

Quote from: Bob G on March 24, 2020, 11:50:02 AM

"You must follow Government advice and stay home. You may receive more detailed advice re your health condition soon. Visit www.nhs.uk"

(1) this message is just reiterating the same as the other messages from UK Gov that I've been getting about new rules in force now about not going out, or
(2) I am in the 1.5M that REALLY should not go out and this is the NHS telling me in a roundabout way to self isolate.

I've been reviewing the list of conditions of folk who are at risk and I didnt think I was in that list.
I'm under 60 (just), have high BP and take statins, and I have a tickly lung that was really exacerbated by our building extension and all the plastering two years ago.

So should I expect to get a much sterner text message if I REALLY shouldn't go out?

Bob

not had anything from NHS, and as both SWMBO and I are both over 70+, and she has COPD, I'd have thought we would have.

last message was from the surgery, on the 15th, just informed of changes re appointments and visiting the surgery, ie phone first, prescriptions in outer post box, not the normal one inside.

crewearpley40

Agree with darrwestlu6. Quick walk to chemist for mum and myself and milk  sitting home emailing clients colleagues then its trains  and a bath to relax later

dannyboy

Quote from: DarrwestLU6 on March 24, 2020, 12:32:18 PM

We've started digging up our garden now to grow vegetables too...

Have you worked out where the Anderson Shelter is going?
David.

daffy

Quote from: Bob G on March 24, 2020, 11:50:02 AM

(2) I am in the 1.5M that REALLY should not

Bob

Hi Bob, the wording of the text indicates that you will most likely receive a letter from the NHS, and as far as I have read, this means the NHS consider you to be one of the at risk group.
Judging by what you say about your lung condition alone, and the fact that COVID-19 is directly attacking the lungs, I would personally also reach that conclusion.

As in all things with this virus, better that they, and you err on the side of caution.

I'm 67, have asthma and a troublesome immune system, and though I'm not a  recipient of a letter or even a text from the NHS - at least so far - I'm keeping a very, very low social profile, and I would advise anybody with a lung condition, no matter how mild, to take the greatest care.

Stay well.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

daffy

Quote from: dannyboy on March 24, 2020, 12:57:50 PM

You won't find one for love nor money. I think it's a result of panic buying ;) , and anyway, the Metal Factors have all shut up shop for the duration.

As for growing my own veg, as we do each year, there has been some real  panic buying hereabouts as the three sellers near me have very little to choose from. Can you eat Forget-me-nots and Marigolds?  :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Lawrence

Following wee Jimmy Krankies the Scottish First Ministers statement last night and today, the boss and one other will go in Tues & Fri to deal with deliveries and ship any off the shelf equipment, our IT guy is getting the broadband in the new offices sorted, accounts lass is already at home, and I will be dealing with tech support via email whilst a couple of others will monitor incoming orders and emails.
Don't know how long it will last, Della has her office set up on the kitchen table and I spent a few hours in the garden this morning. Feet up now  :D

Bealman

Quote from: daffy on March 24, 2020, 01:11:41 PM
Quote from: dannyboy on March 24, 2020, 12:57:50 PM

You won't find one for love nor money. I think it's a result of panic buying ;) , and anyway, the Metal Factors have all shut up shop for the duration.

As for growing my own veg, as we do each year, there has been some real  panic buying hereabouts as the three sellers near me have very little to choose from. Can you eat Forget-me-nots and Marigolds?  :hmmm:

Weirdly, what my supermarket is overflowing with are vegetables! At least they're edible - toilet paper ain't
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

Quote from: Bealman on March 24, 2020, 02:38:54 PM

Weirdly, what my supermarket is overflowing with are vegetables! At least they're edible - toilet paper ain't

You mean you've never had a bog roll? They make a change from ham rolls.  ;)
David.

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Actually, you've just reminded me I've still got a big leg ham that I won in the Christmas ham raffle down the club out in the laundry fridge, that I'd completely forgotten about.

Thanks for that, mate!  :thumbsup:

I really had forgotten about it!

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations