Choosing the wagons...

Started by wooster, October 08, 2016, 12:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooster

Quote from: Bornin1980something link=topic=34855.msg413930#msguyg413930 date=1480121291
Quote from: wooster on October 08, 2016, 04:50:02 PM
I'm interesting, does Peco wagon kits have a decals in a kit?

It's better than that; the wagons referred to are ready to run.

It is not clear for me - I was asked about a KIT - it simply can't be "ready-to-run". If i understand correctly, "ready to run" mean the complect factory fully assembled, painted and decailed rolling stock, can be put on rails from the box...

Bornin1980something

Correct. All Peco 10ft and 15ft wheelbase are available in r-t-r (cat no. NRxx) or as kits (cat no. KNRxx). The kits are very easy to assemble, but are not self coloured and do not include transfers.

Peco also do a range of four early 9ft wheelbase wagons, but only as kits.

wooster

Yes I know Peco had rtr wagons, and they are cheaper than farish - but farish's look much better. I'd order some Farish and Peco kit also - will see them at real soon :)

wooster

Rise the post about choosing the wagons... (it was not a good year for modelling to me - but, I hope for the better days :) )
Meanwhile, collected the info I need about western region and wagons for 22, 42 and 52 diesels I added to my researching interest the north of Scotland - I'm interesting to have a class 24/25 and a class 40 locos, so thinking about Inverness region lines.
If I'm correct that for the 1960-65 passenger trains for this region I can use Mk1 coaches in BR maroon livery? I saw farish's few, but note it has a letter "M" or "E" before the number of car - does it mean the region, like "W" for the western? "M" - Midland; "E" - Eastern - but what for the Scotland?

May be another than Mk1 types of coaches (Stanier, Collette) can be used on the local train (like a Kyle line)?

Newportnobby

You are quite right about the prefix letters........
W = Western
M = Midland
E = Eastern
S = Southern
SC = Scottish

I don't think you'd get away with Collett coaches as they stayed mainly on the Western region

wooster

Hmmm... spent some time, trying to find any coaches with "SC" region letters, but couldn't. Many "W", "E", "M" variants of coaches, but no one "SC" for 5 era period. May be Scottish regional train used ex-LNER coaches with "E" prefix letter without relettering for sometime in early 60's? But I saw "SC" on the foto of Glasgow to Aberdeen express in 1966, so, they exist - but no one N scale coaches for Scottish region?  Only way - to use decails?

Newportnobby

I only have one which is a blue/grey MK1 SK Farish ref 374-062 running number SC18251

It will be a bit of a pain but you could plough through the coach section of this as it gives all the running numbers............

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/pdfs/farish_products_by_item_no_rev5.pdf

wooster

Quote from: newportnobby on October 02, 2017, 03:00:14 PM
I only have one which is a blue/grey MK1 SK Farish ref 374-062 running number SC18251

It will be a bit of a pain but you could plough through the coach section of this as it gives all the running numbers............

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/pdfs/farish_products_by_item_no_rev5.pdf

Thanks... but according GF list the only Mk1 with "SC" is 374-062, as you wrote  :worried:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations