Hattons Pre-Owned - 'Like New'

Started by stevieboy, March 27, 2014, 12:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohlavache

Quote from: JayM481 on February 03, 2016, 09:10:53 PM
I have sold to them. Price was much lower than what they marked it up to for resale (about 100% mark up), but they also paid for the shipping. I didn't negotiate, as it was stuff I just wanted gone. I'd do it again, but with a bit more effort on my part.

I confirm the 100% markup. And it seems that negotiation is not possible.
I think I'll give up and go to eBay.
Have a nice week-end.

austinbob

Quote from: ohlavache on February 06, 2016, 05:15:46 PM

I confirm the 100% markup. And it seems that negotiation is not possible.
I think I'll give up and go to eBay.
Have a nice week-end.
I've used Rails of Sheffield ebay shop a number of times and got a really good deal with the chance to make offers if you're not happy with the listed price. AND they offer a 90 day (I think) warranty on 2nd hand stuff.
Trouble is... the more people know about this the less likely it is I'm gonna get to the good deal first..  :hmmm: :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

jrb

Quote from: austinbob on February 06, 2016, 07:30:38 PM
I've used Rails of Sheffield ebay shop a number of times and got a really good deal with the chance to make offers if you're not happy with the listed price. AND they offer a 90 day (I think) warranty on 2nd hand stuff.

I much prefer buying second-hand when you can see the stuff in the flesh; so much so that a couple of weeks ago I went on a 1 hour diversion from my route to call in the Rails of Sheffield to look at their second-hand stuff. The guy behind the counter muttered something about the stock being 'all over the place', and then proceeded to bring up the ebay store on the shop computer, turn the screen very slightly toward me, and then scroll through the page very slowly whilst I virtually climbed over the counter to try & see it. After a couple of pages I just said 'oh, never mind' and left. Complete waste of time, I'd have had a much better view from home!

austinbob

Quote from: jrb on February 06, 2016, 08:19:46 PM
Quote from: austinbob on February 06, 2016, 07:30:38 PM

I much prefer buying second-hand when you can see the stuff in the flesh; so much so that a couple of weeks ago I went on a 1 hour diversion from my route to call in the Rails of Sheffield to look at their second-hand stuff. The guy behind the counter muttered something about the stock being 'all over the place', and then proceeded to bring up the ebay store on the shop computer, turn the screen very slightly toward me, and then scroll through the page very slowly whilst I virtually climbed over the counter to try & see it. After a couple of pages I just said 'oh, never mind' and left. Complete waste of time, I'd have had a much better view from home!
Well I would keep checking the site out from home. Some good deals to be had and the option to make a reduced offer.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Rabbitaway

Hi All

My view and only my opinion you are far better spending time on eBay waiting for the few bargains. I know there are a lot of items that make too much but there are still good buys. I have had very few dogs and have bought around 60% of my stock on eBay

Alternative is buy new when heavily discounted, Dapol direct is a good example

All retailer's second hand items are far to expensive and even the odd item that is better priced is pitched at the average eBay sale price

Hattons have neck to ask more for an item second hand than a discounted new item

???

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations