Class 70`s on their way :)

Started by bigbob, May 22, 2013, 06:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H

Quote from: Only Me on May 23, 2013, 10:00:36 AM

the most noticeable thing was that the lights stay at a constant brightness no matter what speed the loco was travelling at,

I'm afraid that wasn't the case with the sample I had. In fact the brightness varied with speed more than other recent new locos.

H.

GroupC

Sorry to disappoint the Colas livery fans (which includes me) but 70001-70020 are all still in their original Freightliner livery. A demonstrator, 70099, is dark green all over. Not even any yellow end panels. Dreadful.

When they were delivered I thought they looked awful but to be honest on seeing them in reality they've grown on me. They also get nice and sooty, which would look great modelled.

First one to weather a model into such a filthy state gets a bonus point.

kaiwhara

How long before Tank presents us with an NSE class 70 on his layout next to the NSE 221? Eh Team Leader?? Eh? EH???  :claphappy: :laugh:
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Trev

Just don't drop it otherwise it might look like this  :doh:
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

kaiwhara

:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

H

Quote from: kaiwhara on May 23, 2013, 12:16:29 PM

The Auzzies can do that too

They also dropped a lot of chances in the last few Ashes series.  :D

H.

Skyline2uk

Haven't posted on the forum in a while (but projects have been progressing)....however, my views on the subject of class 70's are well known!

I am not a fan, but its good there is an n gauge one. Have had a preview at Trainwest this year and the model looks as ugly as the real one, which is a compliment to Farish!

As for an NSE version.....no objections here....go on Tank, you know you want to  >:D

Skyline2uk

Wayne 56089

Now in stock at rails according to the email I got today and their website.

Ollie3440

Quote from: Wayne 56089 on May 25, 2013, 07:37:15 PM
Now in stock at rails according to the email I got today and their website.

And one of those we had in has made it into my hands :P

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

simonprelude

First pictures I've seen where they don't look too bad.

Maurits71

I deel an addition to my fleet coming up
Hills and Meadows on social media

For Hills and Meadows video channel please click here

For Hills and Meadows on facebook please click here

Christina

They'd look absolutely fine without the headlight boxes.

I may end up getting one someday, but I don't have much money to spend lately.

steam-driven boy

Hi,
I'm happy enough to await the arrival of my pre-order after the bank holiday, it just means it'll go on next month's card bill  ;) which will be useful...
Good review in the current Model Rail comic mag, and a suitably beast-like appearance methinks  :hmmm:
For a more traditional look, who will be producing the DRS Class 68 I wonder http://railwayherald.com/uknews/class-68-livery-revealed  8)

Regards, Gerry.
...being a bear of very little brain...

Phil Hendry

Quote from: Christina on May 26, 2013, 12:42:11 AMThey'd look absolutely fine without the headlight boxes.
I think you've hit the nail on the head there - the headlight boxes make them look like a Reliant Supervan. Without those, they'd just look like an updated class 58 or something.
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

roundhouse

Picked up two from Cheltenham models yesterday at RAILEX and after fitting decoders put them straight to work on Banbury.

I have added one weight to one of q as it was struggling at times pulling 11 feet of containers. A bit better now but I am sure I can find a fe more gaps to fill with lead.

Ian
Modelling N scale  USA and UK

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations