what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

bluedepot

i have been under the board tidying up the wiring to all the point motors (shortening some wires, sticking them to the underside of the board etc etc...)

my neck hurts so badly now

tim

moogle

Not a lot going on on my layout as I'm letting the backscene dry. Still!

Been bashing an NGS 'Shark' kit into a GSWR (I) 12t brake van.

Still got some footboards, well steps really, to add below the doors.
Then trim the plastic rod I've added before its off to the paint shop!
Planking may not be exact but I think it looks the part.  :)
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

port perran

Spending the afternoon building/painting the P&D Marsh GWR footbridge.
Looks good so far but waiting for the cream paint to dry at the moment.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Duncan83

I have now finished wireing up my street lights and yesterday I put LED`s into 3 of my buildings and look really good. Hope to complete the rest after christmas.

Hope the pictures show how they look

bluedepot

Duncan83

Thanks Tim hoping to put 3 side lights onto it as well. Never seen lights so small.

MinZaPint

Trying to stop playing and build the turntable so that I can finish my trackwork, a parcel from Hattons didn't help. Spose I can always fake an argument with the family over Xmas and sulk off to the railway room! Trouble is they wouldn't believe me! Oh well guess it's back to the beer and laughter.
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Oldman

S** all :thumbsdown:
Have been banned from anything to do with train bits till Monday (SWMBO) Paint, Knives,Glue etc. packed away  as there will be a 5year old running loose.
Am allowed to look at books provided I stack them up neatly afterwards. >:(
Having just collected my copy of "The Bembridge Line " was hoping to finish off sorting the track plan now I have the station plan.
Station Building on "Lyne End"will definately NOT be as per the Original.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

polo2k

Duncan. to stop the light leakage under the walls you can get 1/4" stripwood really cheap from B&Q (They do the fancy stuff, then round the corner the 40-50p a meter stuff)
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Duncan83

Thanks Ash. Like the idea was going to give silver foil ago first with a small hole for the light to go up through it. Lights in buildings really do bring the layout to life.

:thumbsup:

davidjhope

Sticking Blue Tac on all the points before ballasting the rest of the layout. Brilliant idea.
Wish me luck guys

Huntlyian

Hi All
I'm at the early stages of building a 12ft by 2ft elevated layout and this morning was spent trying to understand why I get occasional derailments  on one of the end 180degree bends and, at the moment, it,s driving me around the flipping bend too! ???

Oh well, there is always tomorrow, or the next day or the one after that!!!!!!!

Keep on going folks  Huntlyian    :NGaugersRule:

EtchedPixels

Wiring up one end of the layout bit by bit. Droppers fitted and the feeds done for the first few points. Enough to commission the first two platforms.

Also building the 270° spiral I need to feed the fiddle yard so I can then actually lay the rest of the track for the layout itself.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

B1 61126

Quote from: Huntlyian on February 20, 2012, 06:20:02 PM
Hi All
I'm at the early stages of building a 12ft by 2ft elevated layout and this morning was spent trying to understand why I get occasional derailments  on one of the end 180degree bends and, at the moment, it,s driving me around the flipping bend too! ???

Oh well, there is always tomorrow, or the next day or the one after that!!!!!!!

Keep on going folks  Huntlyian    :NGaugersRule:
Hi just a thought a lot of the current locos dont like anything less than a min radius of 10 and a half inches if your 180 degree rad is less than this things mat derail hope this is of some help
Geoff

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations