Server Upgrade

Started by guest2, December 06, 2018, 03:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGFTech

Quote from: nookfield on January 06, 2019, 10:46:04 AM
Just took 17 seconds to load this page
And then 21 seconds to load "Show post since last visit"

I just saw that and disabled Alerts and it is loading fast again, is it for you?

nookfield

Quote from: NGFTech on January 06, 2019, 10:55:02 AM

Quote from: nookfield on January 06, 2019, 10:46:04 AM
Just took 17 seconds to load this page
And then 21 seconds to load "Show post since last visit"

I just saw that and disabled Alerts and it is loading fast again, is it for you?

Yes.

NGFTech

That Alerts system is problematic and I have it set only to alert on personal messages nothing more. I will leave it disabled for now as what's the point to be "alerted" when you can't even view the page you are being alerted about.

daveg

Sensible decision but do you think there's a chance the bug can be fixed and the alerts be reintroduced at some point?

Really appreciate all the hard work done so far.  :thumbsup:

Dave G

NGFTech

Definitely looking into it. While I am online and testing I may turn it on now and again to see if there are improvements. Then will turn it off when I cannot monitor to ensure pages load.

NGFTech

It is enabled now... the problem MAY be that there are more than a dozen things you can be alerted about and if a member has all checked in their profile then each time you load a page it checks on all of those before loading a page. Now if many members are online and all doing it at the same time then the script becomes really busy.

At present it is set for personal messages and new replies only. Let's see how that goes and more can be added.

NGFTech

Ok, so everything is moving fast still with limited alerts, let's go brave and add in some more and cross our fingers and toes.

Graham

Not sure if this is related, but the home page is still showing "not secure" in the URL bar. however most threads are showing the padlock.

cheers
Graham

Lawrence

Been flying for me the last couple of days, tonight it is dire I'm afraid @NGFTech
Not having issues with any other sites.

Tank

Flying for me at the moment.  However, there is some work being done on the gallery, so perhaps that's messing the forum up every so often?

port perran

Agreed, very slow from 5.00 ish till 5 minutes ago (now 7.50) but now it's flying.
No doubt some behind the scenes black magic going on earlier.
Keep up the good work whoever is involved. It'll be worth it in the end.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Lawrence

Still taking 10-20 secs to load a page, and no, I'm not on dial up  :(

Bealman

Misty morning in the Southern Highlands of NSW, and it's belting along.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

Quote from: Lawrence on January 09, 2019, 10:36:12 PM
Still taking 10-20 secs to load a page, and no, I'm not on dial up  :(

Did you ever clear your cache Lawrence?  It hasn't been slow for me for days.

Lawrence

Several times, been fine the last few days, was just slow yesterday

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations