Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

keerout

lil chris

Bought this morning in a fit of madness but isn't it a lovely model.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

crewearpley40

Lovely loco chris.dont you just love those instructions that come supplied that we already know.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Would probably do that if it wasn't 9.16 on Sunday morning  :beers:

Trainfish

Only about 15 minutes until the sun is past the yard arm now.................  :beers:

I'm taking it easy on the beer tonight (only had 4 pints) as it can get expensive as above  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

JonMann

New additions to my fleet. Sound fitted Stanier 8F arrived from Rails today and WD Austerity which I picked up at Kernows Guildford shop on Saturday. Have got the RTC coloured Class 31 sound fitted on its way from Rails too.

gc4946

My last carriage arrived today to complete my short 1980s cross-country carriage set.
The Mk2f FO arrived first (already shown earlier), then the buffet car, next was the Mk2f TSO
and finally - today - the Mk2f BSO.

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

lil chris

Bought this yesterday from my local model shop, could not resist and happy with the price I paid.
Lil Chris
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.

Bealman

Skyline2uk

Quote from: lil chris on December 19, 2020, 10:41:34 PM
Bought this yesterday from my local model shop, could not resist and happy with the price I paid.

I think most people would struggle to criticise that choice good sir....I am tempted every time I see one and it's an era too early for me!

And in this troubling times it's also reassuring to see Bealman commenting first  :smiley-laughing:

Skyline2uk 

lil chris

Thanks skyline, its a not really the right choice for my railway. My railway is based on rails north of Manchester not the west coast mainline from London to Manchester. But the set is so nice and should hold its value so a good investment and what a smooth runner too so Rule One applies.
Lil Chris

Graham

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 19, 2020, 11:05:34 PM

I think most people would struggle to criticise that choice good sir....I am tempted every time I see one and it's an era too early for me!

And in this troubling times it's also reassuring to see Bealman commenting first  :smiley-laughing:

Skyline2uk

I just loved it so much I got one even though almost all of my modelling is post Y2K. So go on get one you know you want to. It'll be a rule 1.

cheers
Graham

emjaybee

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 19, 2020, 11:05:34 PM
Quote from: lil chris on December 19, 2020, 10:41:34 PM

Skyline2uk

I'm tempted everytime they pop up too...

...and I'm a kettle man, LMS at that.

Although, three Westerns, a pile of US diesels, a couple of US steamers.

Hell, thats the whole point of Rule 1, isn't it?
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bealman

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31