The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poliss

I'm NOT a supermarket employee. I'd want a 20% discount for using the self service checkout. It annoys me when they have a dedicated person telling you that the self service checkout is free. Put another ordinary till in instead for goodness sake and get that person to operate it! Our local Wilkinson's replaced nearly all of their tills with the self service ones. Couldn't have been very popular, or the shoplifting was going up, because most are back to proper tills now.

Newportnobby

Whenever an employee points me to a self-service machine, I just remind them the machine is doing them out of a job ::)

longbridge

Because of long lineups at the checkouts at this time of the year I decided to use the self service machines for the first time, to be honest I felt bloody stupid thinking why in the hell am I doing this, I actually felt like a member of staff doing a job, the way that thing was talking to me and me telling it to get stuffed was even worse 

I agree with Poliss 100%  give us a discount on our groceries and I may start using it again
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: oldrailbug on December 24, 2011, 09:37:16 PM
Because of long lineups at the checkouts at this time of the year I decided to use the self service machines for the first time, to be honest I felt bloody stupid thinking why in the hell am I doing this, I actually felt like a member of staff doing a job, the way that thing was talking to me and me telling it to get stuffed was even worse 

I agree with Poliss 100%  give us a discount on our groceries and I may start using it again

That's sending me to bed with an enduring image Dave - you telling the machine to get stuffed :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :thumbsup:

Kipper

A few weeks ago went to B&Q to by a plank of wood. Directed to the self service checkout and the fun started. Scanned bar code and machine told me to put it on the scale. After waving said plank about, nearly beheading three customers and taking out a light fitting I was rescued by a staff member. Serves them right for having the self service tills open on Pensioner's Wednesday!

poliss

Possible that you bought the inventor of the self service checkout Kipper?  ::)

Kipper

Well, at least it is no more, just some fretwork and sawdust!

Oldman

Can't find my saw to cut up the timber for the frame of my new baseboard for Lyne End
looked everywhere it should be and a few other places as well. ??? ??? >:( >:( >:(
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Oldman on December 29, 2011, 04:28:03 PM
Can't find my saw to cut up the timber for the frame of my new baseboard for Lyne End
looked everywhere it should be and a few other places as well. ??? ??? >:( >:( >:(

Its not here so it must be with my hammer , screwdriver and numerous odd socks.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Bikeracer

Buy a new one and you'll find it straight away :)

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on December 29, 2011, 04:42:02 PM

Its not here so it must be with my hammer , screwdriver and numerous odd socks.

Blimey Jerry - too much Verdicchio :beers: You've been putting your tools in the washing machine again, haven't you :smiley-laughing:

Oldman

Quote from: Bikeracer on December 29, 2011, 05:26:09 PM
Buy a new one and you'll find it straight away :)
Allan
Cheers for that, probably find the other 3 that have been replaced for the same reason. :(
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Jerry Howlett

Blimey Jerry - too much Verdicchio :beers: You've been putting your tools in the washing machine again, haven't you :smiley-laughing:
[/quote]

Thats what the strange noise was ! :smiley-laughing:
Plus there is no such phrase as too much verdicchio  :thumbsup:
Happy New Year  :wave:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Lui

I am so sick of that go compare advert and that blob singing. its got to the stage where you turn the channel over to stop listening and its starts on that one.
In my sleep i had a dream, i laughed and laughed and laughed. I dream't i was a bar of soap afloating in your bath.

poliss

It's better than that ridiculous Diesel 'only the brave' advert.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations