Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H

'Fraid I've got to agree with CaptainElectra - this class 86 was also my latest purchase and the livery is superb. Far, far better than dull old grass stain green;

H.

Bealman

Must admit, that is a lovely looking model, even though it ain't green.... :P
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Adam1701D

It coincides with the worrying news that the real 86401 is to be sold, as its owner, ETL, is pulling out of main line operations due to lack of work for 86101 and 87002. Really hope it stays in one piece in the UK.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

longbridge

A lovely model and livery, I like watching videos of these locos from back in the 1990s and am very impressed at the cracking speed they go at.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

H

Quote from: bealman on January 26, 2013, 08:28:36 PM
Must admit, that is a lovely looking model, even though it ain't green....

Sounds like it is you who is green, 'cos it's never been painted such a dull colour  :P  :D

H.

Bealman

Adam1701D

In fairness, although 86401 was never green, a few of its classmates are...

:smiley-laughing:
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Paul B

Having only had this delivered from Gaugemaster last week, thought it was about time that I started posting some pics here!

This is my latest purchase - made by Minitrix, it is an East German DR V200 -

These locos were originally made in the USSR and were the M62 - and, like everything else in the Communist Bloc, were sold to other Communist countries.

I bought this as I want to eventually get it resprayed as a PKP (Polish State Railways) class ST44 - a very popular heavy freight diesel loco, which is still in use in Poland today, and still goes by the nickname of 'Gagarin'! I will try and find a pic of what I eventually want it to look like and will post it here soon!

Edit - just found a link that I posted elsewhere - this is what I would like this loco to look like eventually!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/ST44-282_PKP_Cargo%2C_Torun_Kluczyki.JPG
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

EtchedPixels

Quote from: bealman on January 25, 2013, 11:22:21 PM
All lovely looking models, folks. I particularly like the green one - as I insist on insisting, the ONLY colour for a diesel!!!  :D

Can't really have green diesels without black or maroon ones though 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bealman

Yeah, Ok EP - especially black ones (and more so if they are numbered 1000). But go for it, Paul B -
Green! Green!  :envy:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: bealman on January 27, 2013, 08:38:33 PM
Yeah, Ok EP - especially black ones (and more so if they are numbered 1000). But go for it, Paul B -
Green! Green!  :envy:

There's a 10000 on ebay at the moment btw - very badly titled

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281056133062?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

no connection just happened to notice it
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bealman

justintime

My Fleet is now up to 3 thanks to the purchase of 2 new engines from a fellow forum member.  I guess I should get some more track laid. ;)

My Latest Purchase - Two SD70's & 24 Trucks :-)

Bealman

stevieboy

I didn't think I'd go green but couldn't resist this:

Such a perfect runner too.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82%