Weather

Started by Bealman, March 19, 2018, 08:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

Jeff, in Europe we have had a lot of heavy weather this week - storms in UK/ireland and flooding in south west France.

You are not alone.

grumbeast

My best wishes go out to our southern neighbours with their recent Tornados.  We're still recovering here in BC from our flooding.  Where I am wasn't affected particularly but we still only really have one route out of the lower mainland open, and still only for essential traffic.  The rail lines up through the Fraser finally opened this week but there is still a big backlog of trains.  We're still restricted to purchasing 30l of gas (I have a small car but we have a *lot* of huge truck drivers, maybe this will prompt them to get more appropriate vehicles!)

Jeff_W

A friend of mine posted drone photo shots today out in western Kentucky. The long-track tornado hit a train on the Henderson Subdivision as it passed through Earlington. The devastation is insane. *Link to photos posted below*

daffy

Unable to see the Facebook images as not a member, but have seen drone images in a Huffpost news item of the utter devastation in Mayfield, Kentucky taken by Brandon Clement .

May help come fast to help those who have been made homeless, and care and comfort for those who will have lost loved ones to this indiscriminate destroyer of lives and livelihoods.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Jeff_W

Quote from: daffy on December 11, 2021, 09:06:07 PM
Unable to see the Facebook images as not a member, but have seen drone images in a Huffpost news item of the utter devastation in Mayfield, Kentucky taken by Brandon Clement .

May help come fast to help those who have been made homeless, and care and comfort for those who will have lost loved ones to this indiscriminate destroyer of lives and livelihoods.

Same photos are here: https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews/news-wire/news-photos-train-derailed-by-tornado-in-kentucky

Bealman

It's certainly a mess over there. I've been watching on the news here this morning. Good to hear that you're ok.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

Must be one of the most terrifying things imaginable to have a tornado coming towards you.

Strange weather in eastern Australia too. Lots of rain and flooding this supposed summer. We've hardly had a warm day yet. Two years ago, the place was covered by smoke from raging bushfires. This year we're looking like Ireland it is so green still.

Webbo

Bealman

That's the way I like it, Ian!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Quote from: Jeff_W on December 12, 2021, 01:34:56 AM
Quote from: daffy on December 11, 2021, 09:06:07 PM

Same photos are here: https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews/news-wire/news-photos-train-derailed-by-tornado-in-kentucky

Thanks Jeff.

'Derailed' seems such an inadequate term to describe what has happened to that train. Thank heavens it was not a crowded passenger train.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

NinOz

Lots of wheel sets and bogies on/near track.  Amazing. :o :(
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations