DJ Models 2014 Announcements

Started by steam-driven boy, July 23, 2014, 12:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steam-driven boy

Hi,
Quote from: Tank on July 23, 2014, 02:59:33 PM
I'd definitely like a Class 59, and I'm hoping that someone produces the JHA's to go with them. :-\
If all else fails on the r-t-r front Worsley Works do JHA etches, and TPM do PTA tipplers.

Regards, Gerry  8)
...being a bear of very little brain...

red_death

Quote from: Tank on July 23, 2014, 02:59:33 PM
I'd definitely like a Class 59, and I'm hoping that someone produces the JHA's to go with them. :-\

Dave has said that he was looking to do the O&K JHA hoppers if he can find plans. 

Cheers, Mike

talisman56

Quote from: NeMo on July 23, 2014, 02:21:28 PM
Quote from: steam-driven boy on July 23, 2014, 12:38:32 PM
Corresponding models announced in that rather bizarre OO thingy, including a Kickstarter Class 71, which would be nice if scaled to our needs.

Curious choice, the Class 71; would have thought the outwardly similar Class 74 would have been better, or at least, being an electro-diesel, would be seen much further afield than the plain electric 71. On the other hand, the 71 is a very interesting model, and the old school pantograph at the top will be fun to see. I have absolutely no need to get one for my layout, but if the price was right, I'd definitely get one just for the sake of it!

Cheers, NeMo

I'd prefer the 71... the 74 was BRs successful conversion of a silk purse into a sow's ear!!
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Fair play to Dave for ceasing further new announcements until some of the 'current' models are with us, not just cash wise. It's very 'easy' to announce intentions and not deliver for ages, witness someone else who has recently released a catalogue :hmmm:

scruff

:thankyousign:
Put me down for the Yeoman and ARC 59's.. Thank you DJMDave, you made my day.

Some nice hoppers to drag round behind them would be REALLY good too though! :bounce:

Cheers
Mark

johnlambert

Quote from: newportnobby on July 23, 2014, 05:41:57 PM
Fair play to Dave for ceasing further new announcements until some of the 'current' models are with us, not just cash wise. It's very 'easy' to announce intentions and not deliver for ages, witness someone else who has recently released a catalogue :hmmm:

Indeed.  A nice, clear statement about how things are.  And plenty of time for Dave to listen to people wishlisting and "frothing" in order to come up with the next batch of new announcements.

Nice to see a GWR loco in the range, which finally means there is something I can order from DJM.

Zakalwe

Awesome news......put me down for a DBS class 59, see them all the time past us into London.   

+1 for an EWS one in the next batch, heck may get foster yeoman for a nostalgia trip as well
"I just think people overvalue argument because they like to hear themselves talk."

Zakalwe

and compared to the tired, hackneyed recent offerings from graham farish and dapol i'm excited by this.

Now all Dave has to do is to deliver :)
"I just think people overvalue argument because they like to hear themselves talk."

port perran

I've been waiting for a 63XX for a while now so pleased to see that one will be along.....eventually.
Good luck to DJM - hope it all works out.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Les1952

Q6 had regular workings into Edinburgh, though not if NBR drivers had their way as they were heavy plodders with no train brakes.  They also had workings to Liverpool and to Annesley, but the lack of a train brake restricted them. 

Seen on the WCML at Tebay working off the Stainmore line for a couple of months until a derailment due to poor track took the Kirkby Stephen pair back East, but regular workings as far as Carlisle from Newcastle.  I don't know if they took Durham Coal through to the Cumberland Steelworks.  Q6 hauled LOADED coal trains used to pass each other on the Newcastle-Carlisle route as NE Coal was more suitable for some iron uses in Cumbria and Cumbrian coal was better for some chemical uses in the NE......

Regular (if not frequent) workings down the ECML as fas as Peterbrough and had penetrated as far as March on the GN/GE on occasion.  No layout in England  set North of Doncaster or East of the Pennines should be without one. 

Modern Image layouts could justify the NER-liveried Q6 almost anywhere as one is preserved, though I don't think it has had a main line certificate up until now (though I may be wrong)- it will need one to work to Whitby so that may mean it gets about a bit more.

Hope all this helps.
Les
(off to Sherwood Models in the next few days to book a pair and a Hudswell 0-6-0ST)

Karhedron

Another modeller delighted to see the GWR Mogul here. Dapol's GWR locos are nice but so far 3 out of 4 of their tender locos are mixed-traffic 4-6-0s wihch get a bit samey.

Now Dave is releasing the Mogul and Farish are (allegedly) doing the Castle, we will have a proper range of GWR motive power.  :claphappy:
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Caz

I shall be up for at least one of Dave's 63xx's, just what the doctor ordered.  BTW, why are they called "Moguls"?
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Karhedron

It is an american nomenclature for locomotives.

2-6-0 Mogul
2-6-2 Prairie
4-6-2 Pacific
4-4-2 Atlantic etc.

That is where they came from although I admit it does not answer why. Apparently some early 2-6-2 locos were built for the use on the Midwestern prairies and that is how they aquired the nickname. Goodness know where Mogul comes from though.  :confused1:
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Dorsetmike

There's already more than enough Greasy Wet and Rusty steam RTR, when are we going to get some SR (pre Bulleid)

Currently there are only Dapol M7 and Terrier and UM T9, 700 and 0395, no Nelson, Arthur, Remembrance, H15, S15, no ex SECR 4-4-0s nor 0-6-0s, only the Terrier  for ex LBSC, no H1 or H2 Atlantic, nor any 4-4-0s.

All the Bulleid steamers are available RTR but the prototypes didn't appear until the 1940s so no use for layouts set pre WW2.

We are promised an N class mogul from Farish and a Schools from Dapol heaven knows when/if they will ever appear.

A lot of people tend to only see the SR as EMU country; until the late 1960s there was no third rail west of Reading/Woking/Portsmouth, lines to Bournemouth, Weymouth, Salisbury Yeovil Devon and Cornwall were all steam worked.

Somewhat of a "Catch 22" situation, Nobody makes SR stock cos nobody models SR/nobody models SR cos nobody makes the stock. About time it changed
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Karhedron

I agree it is a bit catch 22 however until recently there has been nothing for older SR locos to haul. Now that we have Maunsel stock on the way from Dapol and Birdcage sets from Farish, perhaps that will be an incentive for them to make locos to haul them.

I was rather hoping Dave would announce an O2 but I guess he has enough on his plate. Remember that a couple of years ago, there was no SR coaching stock at all. Now we have 1 flavour with another 2 types on the way, more than any other of the Big-4. The dawn is rising on the SR, just be patient. ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations