DJ Models 2014 Announcements

Started by steam-driven boy, July 23, 2014, 12:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karhedron

Crowdfunding is the principle of funding something collectively. Kickstarter is one particular crowdfunding platform. It has the advantage of being large and well organised. Also, no money is taken until the target is reached. If it fails the no money is taken at all.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Richard G Dallimore

Quote from: Karhedron on August 14, 2014, 08:19:04 PM
Crowdfunding is the principle of funding something collectively. Kickstarter is one particular crowdfunding platform. It has the advantage of being large and well organised. Also, no money is taken until the target is reached. If it fails the no money is taken at all.

Hi I have started a new thread for this topic.
Regards
Richard
Formerly NtasticShop
Now N'Tastic Scale Models & Copper Mine Miniatures
https://www.coppermineminiatures.co.uk/n-tastic-scale-models
https://www.facebook.com/NTasticScaleModels

Zakalwe

thinking about it getting ready for with a  crowd funding effort is to go for being ready for the new hitachi super express.   

This will run in a number of liveries and in a number of different forms and could be a much better seller than the pendolino which is limited to exactly one livery and location???

I f i win the euro millions lottery i do promise to personally fund the pendolino project :)
"I just think people overvalue argument because they like to hear themselves talk."

Agrippa

Crowdfunding  is how limited companies started in the 18th -19th century to raise cash
for business ventures. There have been numerous Companies Acts over the years
to regulate such activities so watch your cash.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Karhedron

Quote from: Zakalwe on August 14, 2014, 10:21:21 PM
thinking about it getting ready for with a  crowd funding effort is to go for being ready for the new hitachi super express.   
And because it will be running on several lines with lots of operators, you probably will not have to worry about crowdfunding it. Probably one of the big manufacturers will pick it up. ;)
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Zakalwe

probably :)

but it will be late, will break , have suspect accuracy and won't be up to the quality I hope DJM can provide :)
"I just think people overvalue argument because they like to hear themselves talk."

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Zakalwe on August 14, 2014, 10:21:21 PM

However its sufficiently recent that you'd probably have to persuade Hitachi to give you design right permissions and approvals, which isn't likely to happen.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

NeilWhite

I apologise if this is old news, but this is new to me, at least.

I received a parcel from Hattons yesterday. Their usual leaflet was in the parcel. The centre four pages are "An Introduction to the DJ Models Range" and includes an interview with Dave and info about Hattons special editions.

More importantly, delivery estimates for the various models are in it. For the first set of N gauge models (the Class 17, Baby Deltic and the J94) these are "Due after April 2016". Yes, 2016, not 2015. There was no mention of the models announced later (e.g. the GWR/BR Mogul).

Neil

sparky

Maybe inherited the speed of development from Dapol.....only joking !

DJM Dave

Hi,

I've had to clarify these dates elsewhere as the information published regarding these was not gleaned from myself.

Class 17 and 23 are 2015 models, with possibly one of them around Leamington show time.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Dave
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

WesternKing

What date is that Dave & do you know which will be ready first, the class 17 or the 23 ?

DJM Dave

Quote from: WesternKing on April 29, 2015, 09:11:52 AM
What date is that Dave & do you know which will be ready first, the class 17 or the 23 ?

Hi mate,

Not at this time I'm afraid.

There is a fair chance both hit the tool room together, before the J94 with the latter being help to first quarter 2016.

Cheers
Dave
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: DJM Dave on April 29, 2015, 09:19:09 AMbefore the J94 with the latter being help to first quarter 2016.
Oh dear that's a whole nuther winter, (not to mention an election or more) away, my suspenders will be badly frayed by then :) !

WesternKing

Leamington is this weekend, I've got my cheque book ready!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations