Topic Bookmarks

Started by MacRat, December 21, 2013, 09:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacRat

Is there a way to remove bookmarks?
I have a bookmark to a topic that hadn't developed and is probably dead and I would like to "Delete Bookmark". However, I only get "Add Bookmark" although the topic is already in my bookmarks. In my profile I can't find a way to delete bookmarks either.

As a sidenote, is it by intend that I can see the bookmarks of ALL members? Isn't this to much intelligence?

Tank

If you access your bookmarks through the 'Profile' button at the top of the forum.  You can then select which ones that you wish to delete by using the check boxes to the right and then clicking 'Delete Selected Bookmarks'.

I shall see if there is a way to make bookmarks private.

MacRat

Thanks, only I'm still to bad to see the checkboxes.

Am I in the right place?
I'm using Safari 6.1 with OS X 10.8.5.

Edit: There is a _separate_ menu !?
THIS was hidden very good.
Solved now. Thanks.

Tank

Tank

Also, I've changed it so that a users bookmarks are now private.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Tank

An article is now available on our Wiki about Bookmarks.  http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/wiki/Bookmarks   :thumbsup:

Buzzard

Is it possible that once you've clicked on one of your bookmarks that you can be taken to the first unread message in that thread?  At present you're taken to the first message and then you need to navigate to the most recent page.

OK so you can already view your "unread posts since last visit" but if you haven't been on for a while there can be pages to look through.  This is fine but if you really want to, for example, read the lastest news on the RHTT project as soon as you login then you have do extra work and use more bandwidth to get where you want to be.

Just a thought rather than a criticism of the current system.

Nigel

Tank

That's a feature that already exists - or so I believe.  If you go into your Bookmarks, then to the far right there is a page icon with an arrow on it. 

If you click that then it will take to either the last post that's been made, or possibly the last one that you've read (but I'm not certain on the latter as I haven't tried).

Buzzard

Quote from: Tank on December 22, 2013, 12:35:55 PM
That's a feature that already exists - or so I believe.  If you go into your Bookmarks, then to the far right there is a page icon with an arrow on it. 

If you click that then it will take to either the last post that's been made, or possibly the last one that you've read (but I'm not certain on the latter as I haven't tried).

Yes that works.  Thanks from someone who's still getting used to this forum and what it can provide/help with.

Nigel

Tank

No problem.  I had to check myself as it's a job to keep up with all of the features!  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations