Posting replies at the same time as others

Started by Newportnobby, October 28, 2013, 10:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprintex

Can see the warning panel fine on the Blackberry :thumbsup:

Still never lost a post either, on here or at home on IE8 WinXP SP3 :)

Paul

ParkeNd

Quote from: Sprintex on November 11, 2013, 09:08:35 AM

Paul

Blackberry screen must be enormous or you scroll up to check. On an iPhone 5 held sideways so the keyboard size expands the pink panel is out of sight. Other limitations of a Blackberry too many to justify more physical buttons than screen.  :wave:

Caz

I must admit I have not had the problem since I switched to Firefox as my default browser, IE would regularly do it. :(
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Sprintex

Quote from: ParkeNd on November 11, 2013, 09:19:22 AM
Quote from: Sprintex on November 11, 2013, 09:08:35 AM

Paul

Blackberry screen must be enormous or you scroll up to check.

Neither actually :no: If I submit a post and another post has been made in the meantime the screen automatically scrolls up and I see the warning panel :) Screen size is approx 2" by 1.5".

Always think particular phones suit specific tasks, and for what I mainly do on this phone the Blackberry is perfect with its proper keyboard ;)

Paul

Pengi

Quote from: whiteswan on November 11, 2013, 09:25:47 AM
I must admit I have not had the problem since I switched to Firefox as my default browser, IE would regularly do it. :(
I use Firefox and Safari and get the issue on both!
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Newportnobby

Wouldn't be so bad but it seems to be an intermittent fault, and we all know there's nowt worse than one of those ::)

Tank

Have you tried turning it off and on again?!?!   :-X

mereman

Finds some wood to touch.

I've never had this problem, I'm using winXP SP3 with Firefox. Might be an idea to see if there is a common link for those having problems.
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

Pengi

Etched Pixels gave a possible explanation when it was reported before:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=7148.msg149874#msg149874

Not sure I understand any of it though :worried:

CarriageShed

Quote from: Pengi on November 11, 2013, 02:46:43 PM
Etched Pixels gave a possible explanation when it was reported before:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=7148.msg149874#msg149874

Not sure I understand any of it though :worried:

I understand much of it but can only explain a little of it.  :D

Basically, you should try posting via different service connectors if you can (such as via your home internet connection, your mobile phone connection, and maybe your work connection). If not all of these connections exhibit the problem then it's probably a specific provider that's causing the fault, even if unknowingly.

That explanation is either pretty accurate or entirely wrong.  :-[

emanuele

The issue with the warning not appearing should be easily fixable:
1) go to: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=profile;area=theme
2) Make sure that "Don't warn on new replies made while posting." is not ticked/selected.

The other issue about messages disappearing I unfortunately have no idea what it could be, even if it was the duplicate IP code, it would give an error along the lines "you have already posted, please wait few seconds".

The only thing I can think of to mitigate the issue would be to install a drafts mod, so that posts are saved while you write and if something happens there is a fall back. Of course this doesn't fix the issue, but only partially work around the symptoms.

Pengi

:thankyousign: emanuele. I now save most of my posts to the clipboard now so I have my own workaround so I've sort of got used to it now.

CarriageShed

I had my first 'disappearing into the ether' post today. It might be because I simply wrote and posted rather than previewing, which is what I normally do. Didn't have a clue that it hadn't posted until I revisited the thread several hours to find... nothing by me there.

Humph!

ParkeNd

But does it really matter anyway ?  How many people say " Oh I'd better just check the simultaneous posting in case I should junk mine" ?

The only real problem is not noticing and losing your own post. Haven't seen this facility on other forums. Do we need it ?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations