Posting replies at the same time as others

Started by Newportnobby, October 28, 2013, 10:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I'm quite happy with IE and don't suffer some issues others seem to have with other browsers :)

mereman

Is IE still about :smiley-laughing: I haven't used it since IE6 launched, been with Firefox and Chrome as my backup.

I'm also in the still getting the red warning camp, sometimes I ignore it :P
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

Pengi

Just had another post disappear into the ether. Using Firefox
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Tank

Caz

Nor me, I use Firefox most of the time but on WinXP sp3
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

I knocked out a rather long winded post to someone on Monday and thought it had gone OK.
About an hour later I could see it had only disappeared into the ether and by then couldn't get it back.

Bealman

It's happened to me on several occasions. I know the advice of say, typing it on a word processor program and saving it first, blah.... but I still takes me chances. Most of the time my posts and short and sweet and not worth losing too much sleep about anyway, eh. :laugh3:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

CarriageShed

Still not happening to me. I always preview my replies first, to clear up spelling and grammatical errors (once a proofreader, always a proofreader), and then post. Could that be making a difference?

As a back-up, all you need to do is copy your finished message before you post it. If the post disappears, you can just paste and try again.

Pengi

Quote from: Pete33 on November 07, 2013, 12:59:28 PM
Still not happening to me. I always preview my replies first, to clear up spelling and grammatical errors (once a proofreader, always a proofreader), and then post. Could that be making a difference?

As a back-up, all you need to do is copy your finished message before you post it. If the post disappears, you can just paste and try again.

I preview my messages too  :thumbsup: - particularly to check hyperlinks are correct. Doesn't seem to make any difference whether the posts go into the ether or not. It's not a big deal as I copy detailed posts

Pengi

Newportnobby

Quote from: Pengi on November 10, 2013, 07:44:04 PM
another post just gone into the ether

Sorry but it's got to the stage where I just can't be ars bothered to try and recall them.
Maybe someone in the spirit world makes sense of them :worried:

Pengi

Quote from: newportnobby on November 10, 2013, 11:14:02 PM
Quote from: Pengi on November 10, 2013, 07:44:04 PM
another post just gone into the ether

Sorry but it's got to the stage where I just can't be ars bothered to try and recall them.
Maybe someone in the spirit world makes sense of them :worried:
I can understand this - so it's grin and bear it time for lost posts  :worried:

daveg

Lost a few myself but mostly I get the warning panel and am able to edit/send right away.

'Tis annoying though when you do lose a stunning piece of prose or an ingenious idea!

Dave G

ParkeNd

I know what NewportNobby means now.

On a smartphone you can't see the warning pink panel and are unaware of the issue until you check Own Posts and it isn't there.

The facility isn't very useful really. Maybe abandon it unless the system can't cope with simultaneous posts.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations