Posting replies at the same time as others

Started by Newportnobby, October 28, 2013, 10:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Time was when if you tried to reply at the same time as someone else you got a warning it was happening. Now the reply just goes into the ether without warning and you are lucky if you spot it has happened and can backtrack to find your reply. In my case, instead of a warning I get an "internet page has expired" warning which then leads me to refresh the page and only then do I get the forum warning that I was trying to post while someone else was :veryangry:
Sorry, but this is getting quite annoying. Can we revert to the old (much better) method of getting the forum warning in the first instance please?

scotsoft

That is not happening to me Mick, I get the red writing telling me someone has posted and that is it.

Must be an IE gremlin lurking in your machine  :-X

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Sprintex

Yep, same as John, red warning message appearing as normal :)

Paul

Pengi

I've had messages going into the ether intermittently since before August 2012 (when I first reported it) although I don't get the 'internet page has expired' message. I've not had the issue so much recently though.

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=7148.msg81344#msg81344

- no matter whether I use Firefox or Safari on my Mac, I don't use IE

If I am doing a long post then I will take a copy - just in case
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Sprintex

Quote from: Pengi on October 29, 2013, 07:02:36 AM
If I am doing a long post then I will take a copy - just in case

Ah yes, always do that too :thumbsup:

Few things more annoying than spending 10 minutes writing a great long post, pressing the button without copying first, and getting "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" :smackedface:

Paul

MikeDunn

Yup, warning here too - however, the warning appears lower on the page than my preferred window size, and I can miss it - any chance that it can be relocated higher up ?

Mike

Tank

No problems here either, and nothing should have changed. :hmmm:   :firefox:

keithfre

CarriageShed

Quote from: Sprintex on October 29, 2013, 08:47:49 AM
Few things more annoying than spending 10 minutes writing a great long post, pressing the button without copying first, and getting "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" :smackedface:

Paul

Paul, don't use Internet Explorer. Really, don't. There are much better, safer, faster browsers available, most notably Firefox and, dare I say it, Google Chrome.  ;)

I just get the red warning and can complete my post after I've checked what's been posted in the meantime.

Pengi

Quote from: Tank on October 29, 2013, 09:17:33 AM
. . . and nothing should have changed. :hmmm:   :firefox:
Then I am not surprised that the issue still exists, given that I first reported in in Aug 2012  :D

There may be two issues here - the IE issue (I don't use IE) and posts going into the ether.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Sprintex

Quote from: Pete33 on October 29, 2013, 11:45:46 AM
Paul, don't use Internet Explorer. Really, don't. There are much better, safer, faster browsers available, most notably Firefox and, dare I say it, Google Chrome.  ;)

Have tried both, didn't like them, not as easy to use as IE to me :)

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations