"Your Model Railway"forum

Started by Bikeracer, March 30, 2013, 07:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bikeracer

Up until about two weeks ago I was a member of the YMR forum,but when I opened the site there were no posts visible.

Through the contact window I messaged the administration and was informed that because I hadn't posted for a while I was no longer a member.Fair enough I thought.
Tried to have a look on the site today and you now have to be a member to read the site and they're not accepting new members.

Seems strange to me that the site is not even viewable to visitors,unless it's my ISP that is blocked.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Malc

Hi Alan - I got into the site as a visitor and saw the front page listing rules etc. I didn't want to join and so didn't go any further, so maybe delete your browsing history/cookies and try again.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

longbridge

I think "Your Model Railway"forum has gone back to the way they used to be which was a pretty hard forum to be part of, they expected everyone that was a member to make regular posts and if they didn't membership was terminated.

I was surprised a few months ago that they had changed to an anyone can join format but obviously that has not worked for them.

I was a member a few years ago but left, I think the standard of modelling is very high and I did not come up to the level of other members, I am assuming that because of a lack of response to pictures I posted.

No sour grapes here as pictures of their layouts were very inspiring and a pleasure to look at.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bikeracer

Hi Malc,

I'm not really fussed about it to be honest,I only looked on there to see anything new in card modelling as I do for RMweb.It seemed to operate on a clique basis anyway.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Tank

That'll explain why I couldn't get on there then with my password. ::)  It would have been nice to know!

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations