Early and late Blue class 86 locomotives (and their close relations)

Started by 47 years N, November 10, 2016, 02:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

Quote from: GreatBigBlue on November 10, 2016, 10:21:23 PM
Good idea about old Grafar bodies. I have recently moved house and have a double garage (no not for trains. Steady). Is it ok to spray in a cold garage?

Better a warm one as any spraying cools the paint so the atmosphere has to put heat back into the paint to get it to coat properly.

I have a friend who uses an old wooden tea case with a 100 watt bulb fitted for light and to heat up the air in the box before spraying.  He puts the light on and covers the opening with a cloth for a few minutes to get it warmed up.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: GreatBigBlue on November 10, 2016, 11:21:05 PM
Where does he get this bulb that heats? EEC has forbidden such dreadful waste  :laugh3: 12 hours later led bulb raises temp by 1 deg.

I have a Lidl weed blowtorch that could raise the temp (or the house) in 2.5 seconds? (useless for weeds anyway)

Yes being a retired fridge engineer I shoulda known that the spray would cool the paint.  I will try to assemble such a contraption. Thank you for the idea.

You can still get halogen bulbs  :D

Chris

Quote from: ScottyStitch on November 10, 2016, 02:47:24 PM
@Chris may be able to help in the respray respect, if he is still in the market......

Just had this pop up in my emails. I'm still doing repaints now and again but am shortly leaving the UK for an extended Christmas and New Year holiday in Australia, so won't be able to do any until February.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations