N Brass Loco (Dummy) Position Light Signals

Started by 47033, September 21, 2014, 03:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have had 2 packs (20 total) of these etched position light signals in my work box for 2 years now. I'm at the stage where I need to start thinking about installing these on the layout. So, I opened the pack and started to assemble them. Between going out for dinner this evening and running a few other errands I was able to complete 3 of these signals. They are built but not painted yet.   Talk about fiddly...... Wow, they are difficult.  I've already lost 2 parts that I dropped and couldn't find again.

The completed signal looks good although I will have to wait until I've finished the rest and painted them before I post a few pics.  I was going to buy CR signals working ones but I have decided against working signals on my layout.

Jamie

kirky

Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

Here's a pic. Like I said they are not painted yet but they don't look too bad. Time consuming and very fiddly to assemble. I couldn't have done this in my younger years I didn't have the patience back then.

gladius

Yes they are fiddly .i am building 10 working signals .i think they will be worth the effort though . I will put pics on when finished

Caz

Quote from: gladius on October 12, 2014, 03:16:07 AM
Yes they are fiddly .i am building 10 working signals .i think they will be worth the effort though . I will put pics on when finished

Looking forward to seeing this.    :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bealman

Me too... mind you, if I was going to all that trouble I'd be thinking of making them work with fibre optics or summat  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

martink

Me three... 

I tried this one myself, and after a great deal of trouble managed to mount three SMD LEDs behind the faceplate, but couldn't reliably repeat it.  I eventually went with the much simpler approach of just gluing two SMD LEDs together to make an older style dwarf signal.

Looking forward to seeing this!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations