SCARM - Is there anywhere that you can download track plans and scenery?

Started by Oscar at Play, February 23, 2019, 07:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar at Play

I have been playing with both AnyRail and SCARM hoping to make settle on just one of them. AnyRail is brilliant in its simplicity and enables you to share 2D buildings and other scenery with other users, sadly though it can't be incorporated in the 3D rendering. 3D seems to be an area in which SCARM excels, however there seem to be very few shared files for download to experiment with. The layouts on the SCARM site do not seem to be able to be downloaded, even though it says that you can use them. So far I have only found one N Gauge building for download (Badalona). Are there any other sources that members know of?

Malc

Have you checked the SCARM web site? It's a few years since I designed my layout but I seem to remember seeing some on there. Failing that, maybe the designer can help @Mixy
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Mixy

Quote from: Oscar at Play on February 23, 2019, 07:24:53 PM
The layouts on the SCARM site do not seem to be able to be downloaded, even though it says that you can use them. So far I have only found one N Gauge building for download (Badalona). Are there any other sources that members know of?

Almost all layouts on SCARM Layouts & Track Plans website have corresponding project files that can be downloaded and reviewed directly in SCARM. If you don't see the download links, you should turn off your AdBlock-er or at least you must whitelist www.scarm.info website in it.

There are many virtual buildings and structures in N-scale on the SCARM blog. Here are several useful links:

Various New SCARM Objects and Rolling Stock in N gauge
Examples of Various N-scale Objects in SCARM
Walthers Cornerstone Backshop and Scratchbuilt Roundhouse in N scale
N-scale Buildings and Facilities Bundle
Various Ships and Boats in N Scale

Just a few examples:

All these can be downloaded and used in your own track plans and layout projects, created in SCARM.

Mixy

Oscar at Play

Hi Mixy,
Thank you for the pointers. I couldn't see any download links for any of the layouts, so I will try your suggestions.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations