Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zakalwe

damn the grand central livery looks good, saw it in the flesh last week when off to a conference ... and of course it is shorter than the average HST set :)
"I just think people overvalue argument because they like to hear themselves talk."

Bealman

Very nice model. Although totally out of my chosen era to model, I must admit that livery looks good.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Sipat

I may have had an accident with the Rails Ebay shop last night. I believe I discovered one of those mythical bargains. Should be delivered tomorrow so will photograph/video it tomorrow night.
I have put 2 and 2 together on this one, if I have it correct I will be over the moon...

Do I leave you in suspense or do I spill the beans?!?!

NeMo

Quote from: Steve 'APA' Purves on July 29, 2014, 12:40:00 PM
Do I leave you in suspense or do I spill the beans?!?!
Spill 'em! Compared to Hattons or MDR, Rails seems much less bargain-y. I keep a close eye on the Hattons secondhand page, and have picked up some really nice things that were sensibly priced (e.g., Dogfish at £7 each). But yet to find anything tempting at Rails.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Sipat

Easily convinced I am,
It's a Dapol 56, EWS livery 56018. DCC Sound fitted for £189 including postage!
Does not state on the ad which chip it fitted or whose sounds are programmed. So this is where 2+2 comes in...
On youtube there is a video of an EWS 56 with DCC sound, running on a layout with a steel train, passing a load of EMT 156's and EWS hoppers. also on rails website was a sound fitted EMT 156 and a host of steel wagons and EWS hoppers. Sounds like the same one so far I think?
On the youtube comments the question is raised as what chip/sound combination was fitted and he states is the Zimo/Paul Chetter sounds which I reckon sound the dogs danglies...

Link to the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew3ji9Uz2RY

I am planning on swapping the bodies with my Loadhaul 56003, and selling the EWSbody/DCC ready chassis combination to help fund the purchase of this one...

Sipat

More new arrivals on Apa Park, an 08 from RMweb and some HAA's from this forum. Still awaiting two more loco's to arrive this week, before the BRM photoshoot

New gronk by Steve Purves, on Flickr

Apa park by Steve Purves, on Flickr

marco neri

...a new steamer  for Steam Gala and Historical trains at Narnia central..
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

grumbeast

Given the relative difficulty of finding CN and CPR stuff over here in the UK, I just couldn't resist getting this lovely MLW C424, I've got two in CN and they run beautifully.  The CP maroon is notoriously too dark, but who cares :). Still a lovely loco

MLW C424 CPR by Grumbeast-trains, on Flickr

GScaleBruce

Seems buying irresistible locos is in fashion at the moment. I must say I'm seriously enamoured of the recent Fleischmann stuff. As I desperately needed (no, honestly!) a heavy freight loco, this BR50 in Epoch 3b livery has just arrived from DM Toys in Germany.

From evilbay, another Eilzug coach to join the one to the left:

And, because a heavy freight loco needs heavy freight:

These Arnold buffers are just the job for a DB layout:

I must resist further locomotive purchases and start some scenic stuff instead!
Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

andy.t.south

Newbies to join the fledgling Wenig Winjin Bahn today are a very tasty Russian liveried loco no details on this it's a Pico but that's all I know apart from it was a lucky bid that paid off.A problem DB fridge wagon who has a total dislike for all things rail think new bogies are required on this one.COOP tanker I am very pleased with picked up on fleabay on a steal just needs a tiny bit of handrail replaced runs a treat my first main line freight wagon discounting the problematic fridge one.              :NGFWagonTour:
One pair bi-focals plus one pair of modelling glasses = two locos of choice!!!!

tutenkhamunsleeping

[smg id=14474]

[smg id=14473]

The latest addition to the train set, a full 8 car E2 "bullet train" comprising Kato packs 10-377 and 10-378 - from http://www.traintrax.co.uk

And now up the loft to test it...

CarriageShed

I don't normally post new purchases, but this one is special. Just as my one remaining local model shop is closing down, I'm able to make my first bulk track purchase to celebrate the start of layout building.

I got carried away and bought some wagons too...

daveg

Quote from: Only Me on August 06, 2014, 09:59:28 PM
Dont forget your IRJs Pete :)

Excellent reminder and buy twice as many as you think you need!!

Look forward to watching your plans come to life.

Dave G

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations