Much to appear on the N'Porium in the next few days

Started by Newportnobby, October 28, 2019, 10:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Sadly an acquaintance is giving up his model railways owing to illness and I have been asked to find everything a good home, with all proceeds going to a charity of his choice. Over the next few days I'll be posting many adverts for locos, wagons, coaches and kits. I am attempting to pitch prices to benefit forum members but also to maximise the amount his charity receives (nearest offers may be considered). A suitable donation will also be made to forum funds. The huge majority of the stock is from pre nationalisation or BR eras but there are some surprises!

I have catalogued and photographed locos, coaches, wagons, track and kits so far but still have 5-6 boxes to sort through and these will take me some time to gather information about. However, the bulky stuff has been sorted but please note the following caveats:-

Locos
Have not been run for at least 3 years so were a little hesitant to start with but all have been run round a Kato oval with 263mm curves in both directions at medium speed with no issues. All lights, where fitted, work as they should. I suggest they be run in as if new as most of them will have seen little action.

Coaches
I do not have the time to open each and every box but have no reason to assume box labels and contents do not match up nor that parts are missing as the chap concerned was very careful.

Wagons
As above. All unboxed wagons have been checked for buffers and couplings. All are in place and the wagons in good condition.

Kits
By kits I mean the likes of Peco, Ratio and Kestrel lineside stuff
All are unopened unless stated otherwise so are assumed to be intact

All prices quoted do not include postage

Payment
I'm sorry but via paypal family/friends only. If you don't have that facility maybe you know someone who can help on your behalf.

Postage
I'm sorry but UK only. If you are abroad maybe someone can help get items to you. Until your purchase(s) are known it is impossible to quote postage but everything will be sent tracked and, where necessary, insured so postage costs could be between £4-10.

Returns
If you are at all unhappy with your purchase(s) please let me know and I will happily refund all monies including return postage. I have a +65 forum trader rating (no – it's not my age) and want no negative ratings!!

Feedback
To help me maintain my rating I would appreciate feedback for all transactions and will provide feedback to your profile also.

Should you have any questions/concerns please contact me by PM.
Please be patient while I upload all the pics and type out all the ads.
Hopefully there is something you require and I wish you happy buying!!

Bob Tidbury

:hellosign: Mick For one awful moment I thought you were packing up you Railway and leaving us .
Which would have been a very sad thing then I read your post and all became clear .
Bob Tidbury

RailGooner

Always sad to hear of someone having to give up a hobby/interest due to ill health.

MinZaPint

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on October 29, 2019, 11:23:58 AM
:hellosign: Mick For one awful moment I thought you were packing up you Railway and leaving us .
Which would have been a very sad thing then I read your post and all became clear .
Bob Tidbury

I had the same thought, glad you're Ok and in your usual helpful way helping a fellow modeller. There must be something I need I'll have a look at the listings later.
regards David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Newportnobby

Thanks for the kind comments, and a special thank you to the 10 folks who have purchased items.
This means I have 10 parcels to make up and get to the PO with so please bear with me.
It's been a slog making lists up and taking pics and I started on the forum around 05.00 today and am still here apart from a breakfast meet up with eldest Sis.  I still have about 5 listings to make but these are mainly scenic kits and a few odd coaches. Maybe I've not helped myself with the way I've gone about the project but obviously placing ads for individual items was out of the question so I grouped together what I could. As things are sold I edit the ad by striking out what has been sold off the list and amending the pic to show 'SOLD' in red over the items concerned.
There's plenty more still listed!!!! :D

PeteW

As someone who's never used the N'Porium before (can't be the only one!) how does this work. Looking at the listings there are 'buy it now' buttons but appears to cover th entire listing and not individual items. Or do you get an option later in the process?

And kudos for doing this Mick -  a lot of effort for a friend  :thumbsup:

port perran

You are doing a great job Mick.
I too was somewhat worried when you made the initial posting. "Surely Mick can't be selling up".
Anyway, I do hope you manage to sell everything and make a good profit for charity.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Quote from: PeteW on October 29, 2019, 04:33:01 PM
As someone who's never used the N'Porium before (can't be the only one!) how does this work. Looking at the listings there are 'buy it now' buttons but appears to cover th entire listing and not individual items. Or do you get an option later in the process?

And kudos for doing this Mick -  a lot of effort for a friend  :thumbsup:

Hi @Pete W
The best thing I can suggest is you click on the advert you're interested in and click on the photo which will enlarge and show you if anything is sold from it (such items have also been struck off the list in the ad) and then drop me a PM if there's something you're after.
:thankyousign:

Lawrence

Quote from: port perran on October 29, 2019, 04:43:28 PM

I too was somewhat worried when you made the initial posting. "Surely Mick can't be selling up".

I have had the pleasure of perusing Mick's collection and, had it been him selling up, he would still be posting items next Easter! And that's before all the pre-orders come in  ;D

Train Waiting

Quote from: port perran on October 29, 2019, 04:43:28 PM
You are doing a great job Mick.
Anyway, I do hope you manage to sell everything and make a good profit for charity.

Yes indeed.

And well done to Mick for taking on this mammoth task.

I've had a look at the lists and rather think that there might just be a way in which Poppingham can support Mick's efforts.

Best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Bealman

Yes, all credit to you, Mick, for taking on what is essentially a Herculean job.  :thumbsup:

Shame it's UK only - there's some really cool stuff there!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Sorry folks, but apart from a 2½ hour breakfast break I've been at the N'Porium and PMs since 05.00 this morning and must break now as I'm scared of making tired mistakes! :worried:
Bed calls :sleep: :sleep: :)

crewearpley40

Thanks mick. Trojan effort. Have a rest wednesday

Newportnobby

I have now sold over 100 items so would thank everyone who has purchased anything again. In case some haven't seen more listings have been made for some Ratio kits and Peco kits, along with some more coaches and some spine wagons.
There's plenty more to go at in the listings! ;)

I have to source boxes and everything for about 20 parcels so please bear with me as far as delivery goes. I just hope someone doesn't think I'm running a business from home :uneasy:

@Tank @Only Me
Have I broken the PM count as I keep seeing how many messages I have on the toolbar but when I look they have all been read by me?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations