"Pokemon GO"? And people think trains are weird?

Started by railsquid, July 13, 2016, 03:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on July 26, 2016, 09:59:10 AM
Quote from: captainelectra on July 26, 2016, 08:54:37 AM
Quote from: oscar on July 24, 2016, 10:30:57 PM
Quote from: captainelectra on July 24, 2016, 09:10:00 PM
It's fun and is something that truly appeals to all ages. Can't see a problem with it myself.

Now off to find a Squirtle!  :D

HOW old are you? :hmmm:

There's no irony whatsoever in being told to grow up on a model train forum!  :D
With a small, still be-nappied toddler in the house, I have no problem finding squirtles.

Nor do I and I'm 62 :-[

oscar

Quote from: newportnobby on July 26, 2016, 10:53:47 AM
Quote from: railsquid on July 26, 2016, 09:59:10 AM
Quote from: captainelectra on July 26, 2016, 08:54:37 AM
Quote from: oscar on July 24, 2016, 10:30:57 PM
Quote from: captainelectra on July 24, 2016, 09:10:00 PM
It's fun and is something that truly appeals to all ages. Can't see a problem with it myself.

Now off to find a Squirtle!  :D

HOW old are you? :hmmm:

There's no irony whatsoever in being told to grow up on a model train forum!  :D
With a small, still be-nappied toddler in the house, I have no problem finding squirtles.

Nor do I and I'm 62 :-[

Still a bairn yourself, then. :bounce:

Bealman

I find squirties in the middle of a cold Aussie winter night an inconvenience to say the least.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Komata

... And then there are the Redbacks (to add to the 'in'convenience) :)

"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

texhorse

I decided a long time ago, never to disrespect anyone because of their interests, after a group of disabled kids turned up at the Hobbycraft store where I was manager.  Just to see the look on their faces was amazing!

So if people want to look for Pokemons, why not?  Shame when I tell them I enjoy watching trains and building model railways, they don't show me the same courtesy in a lot of instances.

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Adam1701D

I'm really enjoying Pokemon Go, despite being 47 and having to keep asking the youngsters at work what's going on!  The original nineties cartoon and card trading game didn't do it for me at all but this game just works and is a great melding of various smartphone technologies, such as GPS mapping and augmented reality (using the camera to project the Pokemon into the real world).

It's fun, free and takes some of boredom out of the bus ride to work (bike's been nicked  :veryangry:).

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations