Isinglass Models new N gauge carriage kits

Started by Richard Taylor, November 26, 2022, 03:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Taylor

Just a heads-up for an announcement yesterday which I haven't seen mentioned here yet.  Isinglass Models are now able to take requests to shrink any of their LNER 60ft carriage kits to N gauge (to fit on a Dapol underframe) - see the RMWeb announcement here https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/175753-isinglass-models-new-kits-in-n-gauge/

The model he's used as "proof-of-concept" is, ironically, the full brake diagram that was the subject of the now out-of-production NGS kit (but his model is in pale resin - much easier to paint teak than the red plastic of the NGS kit).  But if you want LNER catering/sleeper vehicles plus diagrams not covered by Dapol, now's your chance!

Isinglass Models website is at https://www.isinglass-models.co.uk/

Richard

tunneroner61

As the bloke who organises the Kit30 Gresley FB packing for the NGS I'd like to point out that the kit is not out of production, it is out of stock at the shop. I'm awaiting some components and then will pack another batch.

Also the body parts are not red, they are a beige colour.

best Norman

Richard Taylor

Quote from: tunneroner61 on November 26, 2022, 05:04:26 PM
As the bloke who organises the Kit30 Gresley FB packing for the NGS I'd like to point out that the kit is not out of production, it is out of stock at the shop. I'm awaiting some components and then will pack another batch.

Also the body parts are not red, they are a beige colour.

best Norman

My apologies Norman.  But the two I've got are in red plastic... which is why I've never built them, as I want to paint them teak. Looks like I'd better try a swap!

Mr Isinglass was alerted to the fact that his first model accidentally duplicated the NGS kit.

best
Richard

tunneroner61

CaleyDave

Thanks for sharing Richard, i doubt i would have seen this otherwise.

I had recently picked up sides for a Diagram 155 Third Corridor & 186 Tourist Third Open for a project but was unable get a Diagram 40A Third Brake (3 compartment) I also needed.
Looks like Isinglass does both the 186 and a 3-compartment brake in OO.

I must have a look at the restaurant cars to see if any are Close to the Scottish Diagram 187 Restaurant Composite. The Diagram 11 offered by Isinglass certainly looks very similar at a glance, bit of research required on my part and then I may get in touch with a request to scale down.

BlythStationLad

martyn

@Richard Taylor

I don't know why, but when I click on all the links given, my computer comes up with 'locked' and won't open the pages.

I also can't find a direct link to this announcement just by going to the Isinglass website.

Sorry.......

Martyn

CaleyDave

Quote from: martyn on November 27, 2022, 11:33:24 AM
@Richard Taylor

I don't know why, but when I click on all the links given, my computer comes up with 'locked' and won't open the pages.

I also can't find a direct link to this announcement just by going to the Isinglass website.

Sorry.......

Martyn

The formatting has broken in the post, Try these instead:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/175753-isinglass-models-new-kits-in-n-gauge

https://www.isinglass-models.co.uk/

Richard Taylor

No idea what happened to the URLs in my original post - the preview worked OK! Anyway, I've edited the original post and excised the surplus verbiage.

I don't suppose Isinglass will have amended his website yet as he only made the announcement just before Warley. 

Also, if I interpret his RMWeb post correctly it's not a matter of waiting for him to announce that he's shrunk a particular kit: the idea is that you can now contact him and then request any of his 4mm 60ft carriage kits to be shrunk as he's proved the concept with his full brake kit.

Best
Richard

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations