RIP Paul Price, a wonderful Forum member

Started by Stevie DC, April 29, 2019, 10:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delboy

Quote from: Ozymandias on May 18, 2019, 02:19:37 PM
I am as stunned and saddened as I'm sure my fellow NGF friends are at this news.

I only knew Paul through the Forum, but he was always so kind, courteous, funny, constructive and helpful.

To his DO, his family and all that knew him - my love, condolences, hugs and best wishes.

You lost a good one, and our hearts are with you.

Ozymandias

Seconded.
Only just read of Paul's passing. The forum will miss him.  R.I.P. Paul.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Widnes Model Centre

Hi all,

Just had the pleasure of speaking to Paul's mum, who rang our shop.

I passed on all your messages and she was comforted by your words. She thanks you all for being such a big part of his life. She will pass your words on to his father, sister and two brothers.

joe cassidy

At this time of the year I always think of the late Paul Price, his fantastic layout Foster Street, and his timely reminder to get the brussels sprouts on early in time for Christmas.

RIP Paul, RIP also the late Peter Charles Fagg, our favourite N Gauge eccentric  :)

emjaybee

I can't believe it's been over four years since we lost Paul.

My Jubilee fleet, although growing, is still only a paltry 8 loco's.

Where ever you are Paul, I'm trying, honestly I am.

Gone but by no means forgotten.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Train Waiting

Quote from: emjaybee on December 02, 2023, 08:12:29 PMI can't believe it's been over four years since we lost Paul.

My Jubilee fleet, although growing, is still only a paltry 8 loco's.

Where ever you are Paul, I'm trying, honestly I am.

Gone but by no means forgotten.

Thank you very much for this, Michael.

When I joined the Forum and was making my first tentative efforts to build the eccentric Table-Top Railway, Paul made generous and encouraging posts on my layout thread.  He was one of a small group of people who appeared to understand immediately what I was trying to achieve and his kind support helped me to carry on with the project after the first three versions of the layout were unsuccessful.

Here, in memory of Paul is a picture taken this morning on Poppingham, the Table-Top Railway Mark VI.  I hope the locomotive is appropriate...

With all good wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations