Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

still no sign of the RM48 today, or the parcel being delivered to the forum member, so once again [I'm a glutton for punishment] got onto RM

after 35mins got a response, explained I wanted to check on two items, gave details of the RM48.....

'due to be delivered on monday'
'is that next monday or last monday ?'
'next monday'.
'where is it now ?'
'don't know, it's not tracked through the system'
'so when was it scanned into the system?'
'midnight last thurday'
'so if you don't know where it is, how can you say it will be delivered next monday?'
'err'

then tried for the parcel to the forum member...
'shows as posted last thursday'
'yes that's right, but not showing as delivered yet'
'we have up to 6 pm this evening before it is classed as missing'
'is missing the same as lost?'
'err, no'
'so when can I claim compensation for the 'missing' parcel and send a replacement one for you to lose'
'you can claim on line after 6 pm tonight'
'what cover do I have?'
'I'll check'

'it's £20 or the value of the contents, whichever is less'
'contents were £60, plus your charge of £4.10 to lose it'
'sorry, you'll need to speak to claims'

:'( :'( :'( :'(
postie did however deliver a pile of leaflets and catalogs today, either unaddressed or to 'the occupier',
just a pity they can't deliver what people have paid for  :censored:

Snowwolflair

Quotepostie did however deliver a pile of leaflets and catalogues today

I did read somewhere there is a petition running to make all advertising through letterboxes should be made of soft absorbent material suitable to be used as cat litter or toilet paper.

Malc

Quote from: Snowwolflair on July 31, 2020, 04:37:24 PM

I did read somewhere there is a petition running to make all advertising through letterboxes should be made of soft absorbent material suitable to be used as cat litter or toilet paper.
A friend of mine saves all the unwanted junk mail and waits until he gets some prepaid envelopes. He stuffs the junk mail inside and posts them.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

guest311

@newportnobby would vote for that  :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on July 31, 2020, 05:47:43 PM

@newportnobby would vote for that  :smiley-laughing:

Amen, brother. :thumbsup:

Quote from: Malc on July 31, 2020, 04:45:02 PM

A friend of mine saves all the unwanted junk mail and waits until he gets some prepaid envelopes. He stuffs the junk mail inside and posts them.

I'm collecting unsolicited mail from Virgin and will be posting it all back to Beardie Man with no postage paid

guest311

should be in the finally happy thread ..

RM48 finally arrived this morning  :bounce:

scanned into their system 23rd  July, delivered 3rd August  :veryangry:

why on earth do they call it '48' ?

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: class37025 on August 03, 2020, 11:36:39 AM

The parcel has normally been to 48 different depots en-route :D

dannyboy

Quote from: class37025 on August 03, 2020, 11:36:39 AM

It is actually a 48 day service and you have got it early?
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Damned TV schedulers. OK, this weekend we have on the telly (for me, anyway)

Cricket
Cycling
F1

I only have Freeview. The Beeb can't drag themseves into this century and have '+1' channels like many others. ITV4 + 1 appears in my programme listings but with no programmes to select so....
I watched the F1 (followed by the making of a Maserati - great prog!) while I recorded the cycling. The cricket will be recorded later tonight but........
Tomorrow I'll be watching 5 hours or so of MotoGP and will then have to watch the cycling and cricket. Short break and then watch the F1 race proper whilst recording the cricket and cycling yet again to watch Monday. All this sport is just so hectic. I'm so glad I cannot abide snooker unless insomnia has struck me.

Edit:- Up early this morning so watched the cycling. No cricket to watch due to the weather

TrevL

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 15, 2020, 09:55:41 PM
Tomorrow I'll be watching 5 hours or so of MotoGP

From where are you watching that Mick?  (and don't say the settee :smiley-laughing:)
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

talisman56

Damned TV schedulers. OK, this weekend we have on the telly (for me, anyway)

Cricket
Cycling
F1

I only have Freeview. The Beeb can't drag themseves into this century and have '+1' channels like many others. ITV4 + 1 appears in my programme listings but with no programmes to select so....
I watched the F1 (followed by the making of a Maserati - great prog!) while I recorded the cycling. The cricket will be recorded later tonight but........
Tomorrow I'll be watching 5 hours or so of MotoGP and will then have to watch the cycling and cricket. Short break and then watch the F1 race proper whilst recording the cricket and cycling yet again to watch Monday. All this sport is just so hectic. I'm so glad I cannot abide snooker unless insomnia has struck me.

Edit:- Up early this morning so watched the cycling. No cricket to watch due to the weather

The BBC treat iPlayer as their +1.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Quote from: TrevL on August 16, 2020, 10:14:36 AM
Tomorrow I'll be watching 5 hours or so of MotoGP

From where are you watching that Mick?  (and don't say the settee :smiley-laughing:)

I get my phone and broadband from BT so pay them a pittance each month to have BT Sport 1 and 2. Every time they try to put the price up I just tell 'em to take it away and they've relented every time so far. My luck will run out, I'm sure.

Quote from: talisman56 on August 16, 2020, 01:21:56 PM

The BBC treat iPlayer as their +1.

I can't get that on my telly (I'm a Luddite, remember)
I'm happy to watch a short prog on my laptop via the iPlayer but an hour's too long really.

themadhippy

QuoteI'm happy to watch a short prog on my laptop via the iPlayer but an hour's too long really.
plug yer laptop into the telly,with the added advantage of  the  forum in widescreen
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

dannyboy

As Mick says, he is a Luddite, so I don't think the laptop plug will fit into the hole where the clockwork key fits.  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

themadhippy

QuoteAs Mick says, he is a Luddite,
Ah of course,i didnt think it through,and   the shock to his system if the moving pictures on the screen suddenly were in colour instead of the usual black and white might be too much for him.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations