Do you mix N Gauge (Scale) Countries?

Started by scottmitchell74, February 10, 2014, 02:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbeast

Simply put.. yes absolutely.

I refer you the Quinntopia blog if you want to see an awesome example of this (European, the occasional british loco and Japanese are the norm).

http://www.quinntopia.com/

I myself am happy with the four main ones (British, Japanese, European and North American)

To be fair I am trying to work out how to have different areas of the layouts I build to be more one country than the other, but as for clearances and the like I don't see it as a big issue unless you are really funny about differences in millimeters.

RuleOneShire is the only way to go.

Graham

Les1952

I mix scales and countries on my exhibition layout Furtwangen Ost. There are items of three different nationalities and scales in this photo of one end of the layout.

[smg id=10229]

The railway runs 1:160 German trains, and most of the trams above are Japanese 1:150, mainly by Modemo.   Many Punters think the trams are narrow gauge.

There are also two buildings on the layout that are Japanese 1:150, though nobody has spotted which two, and assorted P.D.Marsh and Lyddle End scenic details at 1:148 - but it is VERY difficult to spot what bit is what scale.  Overall the idea is to give an impression of a small town in the Western Black Forest.

I must be getting at least part of the impression right, as I keep getting invites........

All the very best
Les

mr magnolia

Quote from: Komata on February 13, 2014, 06:26:16 AM
Mr M

Have you considering creating a fourth 'set' - Japanese, realising of course that they are 1:150 scale?

Just a thought you might care to consider.

oh I will be considering this too in good time.
I'm fairly sure though that this is not a good time...😱

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £5.67
Below Goal: £94.33
Site Currency: GBP
 6%
May Donations