Chocolate

Started by cornish yorkie, November 05, 2023, 10:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

:laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:

Yes, they're rather naive like that  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Papyrus

I'm convinced CDM isn't as good since they were taken over by Kraft. If I want milk chocolate (which isn't often these days) I prefer Yorkie bars. Or Lindt. Never tried Hershey and I don't think I want to.

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

I hate Lindt. It gets everywhere, especially in my navel ::)

Bealman

How about tins of mushy peas? I can get those here. Heinz English baked beans anorl.

Joker56

Being based in Malaysia for ten years now, I struggle to get decent chocolate, if it's stock mars bars twix aussie Cadbury, was very disappointed on my visit to UK last year, my all time favourite Topic discontinued, not a happy bunny

Bealman

Never used to like Topic  ;)

joe cassidy

A reminder to all ex-pats to get your orders in for Christmas puddings, mince pies, crackers etc.

Since Marks & Spencers pulled out of France (due to brexit) my only source of supply in Paris is the Comptoir Irlandais (Irish shop).

I waited too late last year and they had sold out of all Christmas goodies  :(

cornish yorkie

Quote from: Papyrus on November 08, 2023, 10:27:19 AMI'm convinced CDM isn't as good since they were taken over by Kraft. If I want milk chocolate (which isn't often these days) I prefer Yorkie bars. Or Lindt. Never tried Hershey and I don't think I want to.

Cheers,

Chris
As a matter of interest Steph buys 24 pack of Yorkie Bars (for me) from Amazon
  stay safe regards Derek
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Papyrus

With a username like that you would wouldn't you?

:D

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

There seems to be outrage as Nestlé have ceased manufacture of 'Caramac' and 'Animal' bars.
Tough.
It's like everything - 'use it or lose it'
High unlikely these days for any manufacturer to keep making a product for a small minority

Fardap

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 09, 2023, 07:00:49 PMThere seems to be outrage as Nestlé have ceased manufacture of 'Caramac' and 'Animal' bars.
Tough.
It's like everything - 'use it or lose it'
High unlikely these days for any manufacturer to keep making a product for a small minority

Yet Rowntrees fruit gums and other chewy type sweets are now 'Vegan' meaning the texture and chew has changed...

They changed a few times over the years as a kid I remember them being harder and shiny (when they had the bobble pattern on top) a change for a small minority of their customers you would think more than likely driven internally by someone of that persuasion...

They never seem to consider doing two versions and we all have to adhere to the vocal minority for a lot of this stuff now...

cmason

Quote from: Bealman on November 08, 2023, 11:42:44 PMHow about tins of mushy peas? I can get those here. Heinz English baked beans anorl.

Bealman - really? Genuine UK Heinz BB available in the land downunder? The tins we can get here in Japan are made in Oz.... Just the Cadburys Dairy Milk we get from your neck of the woods its not quite the same as the genuine UK product...

cmason

Quote from: cornish yorkie on November 05, 2023, 10:23:27 PM:hellosign:
  My good lady posed an interesting question this evening. Does Cadbury chocolate taste the same in Australia ?
 I await any replies  :thankyousign:
  stay safe regards Derek

Tastes different - we get Australian manufactured Cadbury's here in Japan and it does not taste quite the same as the UK article ( nor does that from another factory which I think is in Malaysia ). Consensus is that this is due to (i) to the milk and (ii) a higher melting point mixture making it suitable for sale across the APAC region.

What we can get is the ASDA Dairy Milk (Walmart owns a share of a supermarket chain here as it does of ASDA and there is some supply chain sharing ). The ASDA product ( which is actually made in Germany is vey very close in taste and consistency to genuine UK made Cadbury's...

Anyway thats my opinion and I am sticking to it. Rule 1 may even apply :-)

cmason

Quote from: Bealman on November 05, 2023, 11:55:12 PMYes, on my first (and only) visit to America, I insisted on trying a Hershey bar, as they were, well, an American legend (to me, anyway).

I was rather unimpressed.

Cadburys rules ok

Hershey's tastes like metal to me - awful stuff - does it even have any Cacao in it?

joe cassidy

I bought some After 8 mints from my local supermarket a couple of days ago.

Made in Germany  :(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations