Cavalex N Gauge PGA

Started by RBE, August 25, 2021, 01:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBE

We are pleased to announce that Cavalex Models are producing the PGA hopper wagon in N Gauge exclusively for Rails of Sheffield.

Sold in sets of three and available to order in variety of liveries. Each wagon in each pack will feature a unique running number.

Pre-order now

https://railsofsheffield.com/collections/n-gauge-pga-hopper-wagons

Specification Includes:

•Accurately dimensioned prototypical design

•Etched walkway, handrails and ladders

•Highly detailed underframe

•Close coupling mechanism

Liveries Available:

•Original Redland

•Redland

•Redland Large Logo

•Lafarge Aggregates

•Plain white with patch

•Plain white

njee20

Great news! Annoyingly I sold the JGAs and HOAs I was going to use in a mixed rake though, may have to think about that!

Your URL is dodgy, correct one is https://railsofsheffield.com/collections/n-gauge-pga-hopper-wagons

RBE

Cheers for that, I copied it from another post and it copied the dots instead of text. Now corrected!

Aire Valley

It looks like a very impressive model. I'd been hoping that Cavalex would scale down their range for a long time and it's great to see so many new models being announced this year by a wider range of producers.

Thank you Cavalex!  :thumbsup:

Tim

jpendle

That's really good news.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

RailGooner

A canny move by RoS considering their exclusive 59s from Revolution.

Steven B

£89.95 for a pack of three (£10 deposit) and due before the end of the year too!

Rails are beginning to make a name for themselves with N Gauge exclusives.
Revolution are producing the IIA-D Drax biomass wagons for them too.

Hopefully the PGAs will sell well and we'll see Rails downsize other models from the Cavalex OO Gauge range:
Bardon PHA/JGA
TEA tank
BBA/BLA steel
KFA/PFB Warflat

Interesting times...

Steven B.

RBE

Quote from: Aire Valley on August 25, 2021, 01:40:50 PM
It looks like a very impressive model. I'd been hoping that Cavalex would scale down their range for a long time and it's great to see so many new models being announced this year by a wider range of producers.

Thank you Cavalex!  :thumbsup:

Tim

Our plan has always been to do all of our models in 2mm as well as 4mm. This model is the first step and if well received you can be sure that others will follow suit.

TomE

I had the opportunity to take a close up look at the PGA samples at Model Rail Scotland, and was very impressed with them. They'll make for impressive rakes!

There are some more photos on the ngaugenews.com MRS N Gauge roundup article.

Tom.

tutenkhamunsleeping

I bought some of these in OO :-[ when they were originally dropped in N.  They are truly excellent wagons :thumbsup:

crepello

They look great but they're not Yeoman. When is somebody going to take the plunge?

Bob G

Quote from: crepello on February 27, 2022, 11:34:16 AM
They look great but they're not Yeoman. When is somebody going to take the plunge?

I would like to have some Yeoman PGA hoppers too.

And I won't be buying anything with Lafarge or Redland on it as they stitched me up on a renewables project I was trying to sell to them.
They walked away from the project leaving my firm (with me as project manager) out of pocket to a cool £50k of project development costs.
Their problem was that they needed a project IRR of 20% in year 1. Never mind me saving them £8m over a decade.
I don't trust them in business at all.

Bob

TomE

Quote from: Bob G on February 28, 2022, 11:46:39 AM
And I won't be buying anything with Lafarge or Redland on it as they stitched me up on a renewables project I was trying to sell to them.

Good job Cavalex are doing plain white, and white with Lafarge logos blanked out then ;)

Tom.

Bob G

Quote from: TomE on February 28, 2022, 12:02:47 PM
Quote from: Bob G on February 28, 2022, 11:46:39 AM

Good job Cavalex are doing plain white, and white with Lafarge logos blanked out then ;)

Tom.

It is still the wrong design hopper!

That is the problem with PGAs. In the old days we had a Generic Farish PGA that had to do for all different users, and of course they are all subtly different (some not so subtly different).
The old Lima OO PGA (now a Hornby model) is a very good rendition of what the classic Yeoman PGA should look like.
I think it is one of Hornby's better wagons - apart from their 8-plank PO wagon "Gregory" which is absolutely excellent of course :)

Bob

crepello

I'm glad to see there's some more interest in the Yeoman PGA. In case it's not widely known, they had a large variety of diesel haulage , so they should be very sellable.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations