Model Rail Magazine

Started by Lawrence, April 02, 2012, 08:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Quote from: NgaugeDan on April 03, 2012, 02:12:03 PM
The response was pretty much the same along the lines of there's no evidence of more people taking up modelling in N gauge and not enough demand for them to create exclusive N gauge models.  It's ashame because Model Rail is my preferred magazine and I'd like to see more N gauge content and would buy N gauge exclusive models from them.

Support those who do N exclusives.  KMRC have done a few but they've not apparently been great sellers. Maurice as Osborns' seems to have a knack for picking the right prototypes to sell well in N so you've missed things like the GWR Portishead terrier and the B sets but Iron Duke is still in stock. There have been some other special editions too - eg the blue class 86s, Antics S&C 156, West Wales Wagon Works commissions,  Country Rolling Stock,  N Gauge Society and so on.

So if Model Rail won't do their specials then diddums, there are lots of other folks who do !

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

H

Quote from: EtchedPixels on April 05, 2012, 09:11:22 PM

Support those who do N exclusives.  KMRC have done a few but they've not apparently been great sellers.

.... and they're flogging them off cheap so fill your boots.

H.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: H on April 05, 2012, 11:29:20 PM
.... and they're flogging them off cheap so fill your boots.

Yes I bought a St Ives Bay one to vinyl into FGW... then discovered the Dapol cabinet 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

H

The May issue of British Railway Modelling is very much worthwhile getting for N gauge; there's two layouts and a whole host of N articles and N reviews - all part of the support for the NGS 45th anniversary according to the editorial.

H.

Calnefoxile

Quote from: H on April 11, 2012, 08:58:50 PM
The May issue of British Railway Modelling is very much worthwhile getting for N gauge; there's two layouts and a whole host of N articles and N reviews - all part of the support for the NGS 45th anniversary according to the editorial.

H.

I should hope so, especially with a certain Mr.Dockerill on the books at BRM!!!!

Oh well, another mag to add to the list this month, mind you I wasn't to impressed with last months offering, apart from the article on Penrhos, but there again I know the layout and the bloke who built it, oh and I've played operated it  ;D ;D

Cheers

Neal.

H

Quote from: Lawrence on April 02, 2012, 08:16:16 PM

....... apparently the next issue (169) will be a good one for N gaugers ..............

Hmm, the contents listing for 'MR' 169 (RMweb;
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/55020-model-rail-%e2%80%93-may-2012-169/ ) doesn't appear to have any more than the usual N gauge content. But to be fair I've not yet had my subscription copy.

However, as I've already mentioned the May 'BRM' definately has lots of N gauge content and the latest NGS 'Journal' should about to be posted out. Plus with 'N'spirations7' now at the printers (  http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=3443.45 ) there should be quite a bit of N gauge reading and content for enthusiasts these coming weeks.

H.

Lawrence

Ben assured me there would be much more N stuff in it H, it's due out around the 19th so fingers crossed

H

Quote from: Lawrence on April 13, 2012, 10:25:58 AM
Ben assured me there would be much more N stuff in it H, it's due out around the 19th so fingers crossed

I suppose even a little would be much more than their usual (or average).  ;D :evil:

H.

Newportnobby

I can indeed confirm there is a lot of  :NGAUGE: stuff in this month's issue :thumbsup:

I got mine at a well known supermarket today.

H

Quote from: newportnobby on April 14, 2012, 08:10:14 PM
I can indeed confirm there is a lot of  :NGAUGE: stuff in this month's issue :thumbsup:

You must have a different magazine to me - my subscription copy of 'Model Rail' turned up and there's not a great deal of N gauge stuff in it; a layout and the usual reviews of new models. Nothing extra or special and a bit dissappointing after the hype. However, 'BRM' was packed full of N gauge articles - are you sure you haven't got confused between them?

H.

Lawrence

Quote from: H on April 18, 2012, 09:12:53 AM

You must have a different magazine to me - my subscription copy of 'Model Rail' turned up and there's not a great deal of N gauge stuff in it; a layout and the usual reviews of new models. Nothing extra or special and a bit dissappointing after the hype. However, 'BRM' was packed full of N gauge articles - are you sure you haven't got confused between them?

H.

Agreed H, I was a little disappointed after Bens' assurances  :(  well I guess it is up to the guys and gals on here to lead the way and start putting forward articles for consideration

K-N-Gauge

I got the BRM mag and as said its packed full of n gauge bits!
Worth anyone getting :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: H on April 18, 2012, 09:12:53 AM

H.

Humble apologies, H. You are perfectly correct - it was the BRM that I got. I must have struck lucky though as it was fully packaged so I couldn't even browse through it.
Signed
Bewildered of Lancashire ???

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations