Forum Issues

Started by Tank, July 19, 2023, 05:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 12, 2023, 11:18:57 AMMuch though I appreciate the work gone in to improve the mobile phone version of the forum, looking at "All Unread" it doesn't say who was the last to post, so I don't know which ones to ignore.

Does on mine in landscape.

Ed

Bealman

All I see is who started it. Doesn't tell me who the last post was.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

It does if you rotate your phone to landscape. On the right you can see who made the last post

Hiawatha

It does this only if I select the desktop website on the phone – but not the mobile version ...
Peter

Newportnobby

I haven't a clue about different versions :dunce:
I just press the icon and up comes the forum.
The new improved Persil mobile version is far better than the old one

Hiawatha

I agree that the new mobile version is far better. The old red one never worked on my phone – it only displayed it once when connecting to NGF but from then it (thankfully) always showed the desktop version.

On the mobile version, the NGF does not show the Replies/Views/Reactions and Last Posts. The Replies/Views/Reactions I don't really need – but without the Last Post one can not go directly to that post, only to the top of the last page:

Only when I select the Desktop Website on the phone I can see the Last Posts:

Peter

Bealman

Ah, that's better! Thanks for that - I can now see the last poster.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NGFTech

I am still working on being able to ADD a Bookmark but can anyone who used Bookmarks in the past please tell me if you are seeing your old Bookmarks? There is a button in the menu.

Newportnobby

Quote from: NGFTech on February 07, 2024, 03:59:03 AMI am still working on being able to ADD a Bookmark but can anyone who used Bookmarks in the past please tell me if you are seeing your old Bookmarks? There is a button in the menu.

Sorry, but where on the Menu is this button please?

Ideally I'd have said 'My Bookmarks' should be added to the list under my forum name at the top of the screen. I have a huge number of bookmarks and can't get at them

msr

I'm in the same situation as NN. I can't see the Bookmarks button either on my laptop or on my phone, nor does it appear under 'Main Menu'.

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 07, 2024, 09:32:42 AMSorry, but where on the Menu is this button please?

Ideally I'd have said 'My Bookmarks' should be added to the list under my forum name at the top of the screen. I have a huge number of bookmarks and can't get at them

I also can not find a Bookmarks button and agree with Mick regarding the placing of a button.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

NGFTech

Sorry about that. Please see if you can see it in the top menu if not please use this link to see if you can see your old Bookmarks.

If you still do not see this button please see if this helps:
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=bookmarks

Papyrus

Yes it's on the drop-down list on my mobile. All my bookmarks are there. Haven't got my laptop on at the moment.

Many thanks!

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

We have a 'My Bookmarks' button!  :claphappy:
Thank you.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

NGFTech

Ok but do not get too excited you still won't be able to add new Bookmarks. The important thing I want to know is if you can see your old Bookmarks?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations