Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gc4946

Bought Gaugemaster/Dapol's simplified First Great Western livery class 153

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

JanW

My new Mathieson wagon arrived today from the UK.

I accidently spotted this wagon on the Rails of Sheffield site shortly after we visited London.
We stayed in Pinner and every day we travelled back on the Met line in the direction of Amersham.
So this little wagon is a reminder of our wonderful week in London

Jan

pinball

Central Trains 153 on a popular auctions site going for cheap which no one had bid on. Won it at a very low price, train arrived shoved in a spare Zimo DCC chip I had, works like a dream. Totally out of region and era compared to my usual stuff, but it's a wonderful little model. Just got to keep an eye out for a Regional Railways one now.

Alcazar

Thought I'd bought a Graham Hughes Q1 but turned out to be the GEM 4F kit. For €9.99 I'm not complaining as I just bought it because I have a 0-6-0 chassis and fancied building another kit. Saw plenty of the 1924 version as a kid, but only one 1911 version.

Peter

87023velocity

Got 2 of the new Graham Farish class 90's, they are very nice, smooth and quiet. Had both of them running quite a bit over the last few days with no issues. Only grumble which is minor regards the unpainted busbars and insulators.

Here is a video clip with them running.

Graham

They do look good, hopefully see mine sometime in Jan, once RM and Aus Post get it to me. Finally persuaded SWMBO to let me have one.

pinball

Class 31 in Intercity Mainline livery. Really good runner and looks fantastic. Been very impressed with the recent Farish 31s I've picked up - all wonderful models.

jmupton2000

From TMC's sale, 37032 in Railfreight Red Stripe, the factory weathering has been toned down and the Tinsley applied name removed to backdate it a few years;

Also being trialed is a West Coast Models 3D printed ZCA Sea Urchin body on an old Farish OAA chassis, not finished yet but impressed sufficiently to order some more:

With the announcement of a new OAA by Rapido, this gives me a good use for my existing stock of the old Poole Era versions.

jpendle

An assortment for Christmas and my birthday.

First the Christmas pressies

The Revolution Wascosa wagons and one of the Dapol JNA's are new. There's also a Castle Cement JPA and a white Dapol HIA lurking somewhere

Next the birthday ones, these arrived yesterday.

I'll be testing the CL90's today, the Autoballasters will finish a rake of 5, but I do need to repaint the 2 RailTrack ones that I already have.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

ntpntpntp

I expect many of the CJM aficionados out there saw this class 92 go through ebay.  Whilst Continental N is my thing, sometimes rare items bring out the collector in me and this was one I just had to grab :D   

I know it's a fantasy livery, but very smart looking :)  It dates from late 2011, and seems to have run very little (if at all).  Having contacted Chris' son Matt it sounds like there were only a couple of these made "just for fun" (plus examples of some other loco classes were given a similar livery).   

As you would expect it runs as smooth as silk.  No doubt it will appear on the "parade track" on my German layout's museum open days :)

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Skyline2uk

Yes I did see that, wondered about its history and assumed very few were ever made.

It's a great piece.

Skyline2uk

5213 65J

I'm delighted with the performance of No. 4057 running perfectly smoothly on DC straight out of the box on my layout "Elmsbridge Central". This loco is entirely appropriate for my railway likes - the clue is in the layout name.o

Hailstone

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations