Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrDobilina

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on February 25, 2016, 04:01:24 PM
Quote from: GeeBee on February 25, 2016, 03:16:20 PM
Went to get a replacement decoder for my class 37 and .....

got this 15% off and its green just what I wanted

:claphappy:  :laugh:  :D

Can't beat that! A discount on an unexpected purchase :)

Wish I could find a model shop near me let alone one that does discounts. B&H in Lincoln has about 15 n gauge items and the price is through the roof compared to hattons.

mickeyflinn

Why not try Digitrains - a bit of a limited stock, but about the same price as Hattons with the postage.

MrDobilina

Quote from: mickeyflinn on February 26, 2016, 10:00:51 AM
Why not try Digitrains - a bit of a limited stock, but about the same price as Hattons with the postage.

Nice find, I had no idea they were around!

N-Gauge-US

I'm a very happy boy today, as yesterday I received a GF Princess Coronation 'City of London,' 8 Gresley Teaks, two Dapol motorized signals and a DCC command unit for them, 3 new wagons and a wagon kit, a gaugemaster DCC23 for my pannier, an Oxford Diecast Jowett Javelin, ModelScene Bus Stops and Peco Station lamps, as well as an airbrush kit (complete with compressor and 3 airbrushes) and some other bits and bobs for my birthday XD Pictures below of some of it:

[smg id=35823 type=preview align=center caption="Birthday haul 1"]

[smg id=35824 type=preview align=center caption="Birthday haul 2"]

[smg id=35825 type=preview align=center caption="Birthday haul 3"]

[smg id=35826 type=preview align=center caption="Birthday haul 4"]

[smg id=35827 type=preview align=center caption="Birthday haul 5"]

[smg id=35828 type=preview align=center caption="Birthday haul 6"]

[smg id=35829 type=preview align=center caption="Birthday haul 7"]
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

paulprice

N-Gauge-US

GeeBee

Newportnobby

Happy Birthday for yesterday, Philip. I hope you enjoyed the day.
I thought I'd got my relatives well trained in what to get me for birthday/Christmas but you seem to have perfected the art :D

port perran

Happy Bithday for yesterday.
Certainly a very nice peessie there.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

gc4946

Things have been pretty quiet of late, however two Mk3 TGS carriages in FGW and Virgin liveries and a hybrid Poole body/Chinese chassis class 33 have been purchased:

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: newportnobby on February 26, 2016, 04:14:44 PM
Happy Birthday for yesterday, Philip. I hope you enjoyed the day.
I thought I'd got my relatives well trained in what to get me for birthday/Christmas but you seem to have perfected the art :D

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys :)

And Mick, to be fair, I make a wish list spreadsheet that has the product names, manufacturer numbers, cost, where to buy, buying notes (if things are a set or I need multiples, etc.) and give it to those who ask for it, with the instruction to buy whatever they'd like from it but to communicate with eachother about what they buy. It has worked out really well so far :D May not exactly be surprises but I get exactly what I want :)

I also forgot to mention that I got an 'IOU' for a YouChoos sound decoder for the princess coronation, which I've already been in touch with John about ordering. :)

Newportnobby

I find I have too many pre orders for new locos so get my lot to give me Rails of Sheffield vouchers that I can 'bank' for releases. :)
@N-Gauge-US

N-Gauge-US

And the postman keeps the loot coming! Very excited for my first NGS rtr items :)

[smg id=35846 type=preview align=center caption="NGS rtr and my new Portishead terrier"]

daveg

Nice lot of goodies there!  :thumbsup:

My Terrier arrived last week and runs very nicely.

It's so tiny you may need tweezers to get it out of the box!

Dave G

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: daveg on February 27, 2016, 09:09:26 AM
Nice lot of goodies there!  :thumbsup:

My Terrier arrived last week and runs very nicely.

It's so tiny you may need tweezers to get it out of the box!

Dave G

I love my terriers. This is my third; I also have KESR liveried Bodiam and LBSCR liveried Earlswood. I had to send the first Portishead I got back because of QC issues in the detailing. This one has one error that annoys me, but I'm going to keep it, anyway (as it costs me about 10£ to return it, being in the US). One thing I have noticed is that all three run differently. My first, Earlswood, has a tendency to not start as slowly as I would like, whereas Bodiam runs the most smoothly and has the finest handling and Portishead seems to be the fastest, but has better low speed control than Earlswood. Not quite sure what causes the differences, but as I plan on chipping one soon, maybe I'll discover what the cause is while I'm playing around inside of them. :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations