Covid vaccine

Started by Newportnobby, November 19, 2020, 05:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinOz

Quote from: Trainfish on December 02, 2020, 02:52:16 PM
I can just picture it now. Everyone queuing up in an orderly fashion and then.........................
Looks like a study of flow dynamics.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

emjaybee

Quote from: themadhippy on December 03, 2020, 06:43:21 PM
slow of the mark their @PLD  your normally much quicker to dislike my posts

I don't understand your attitude towards people on this forum.

You are aware this isn't RMweb?

There's nothing smart about being deliberately antagonistic. If you want to continually start an argument, please find an empty room.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

honestjudge

There is a paradox there!

Newportnobby

Quote from: themadhippy on December 03, 2020, 10:25:11 PM

QuoteProof of all the profits you insinuate the shareholders will make

you honestly think there doing it for humanitarian reasons,but ok as you asked

This may come as a surprise to you but virtually all companies make profits and shareholders, who invest money taking risks at times, do actually get rewarded for doing so. After all, where do you think your trains come from - companies making huge losses?
It's you who seems to believe all the drug companies should be creating vaccines as a public service and that's just plain daft.
Anyway, I'm not playing any more 'post tennis' as I'm sure it's just boring/annoying to others.

Malc

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone heard any info about the Russian vaccine recently?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daffy

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

railsquid

Quote from: Malc on December 04, 2020, 10:59:43 AM
Just as a matter of interest, has anyone heard any info about the Russian vaccine recently?

Apparently the innovative doorknob-based method of distribution turned out to have some issues, especially when the wrong vials were used. They are now considering using specially adapted and sharpened umbrellas.

In other news, Bloomberg tells me I live in the country ranked second for overall coronavirus resilience (only New Zealand ranks better), though it only scores 4 (out of 5) for vaccine availability.

themadhippy

QuoteThis may come as a surprise to you but virtually all companies make profits and shareholders, who invest money taking risks at times, do actually get rewarded for doing so
As you are aware of the fact  why bother asking for proof,however the profit itself is not the main issue,even though pharmaceutical company's have a history of using publicly funded research to further there profits,its the no come back clause thats the  bigger issue.Taking you railway analogy, syds signals claim to have a revolutionary product that will allow more trains to run on the network,the government decide to refit the entire network with the new system,as part of the contract to get a better price,or be the first to have this new wonder system they agree there'll be no come back on syds signals  if something goes wrong.with no come back syd realises  maybe a corner can be cut here or a penny saved there,it wont matter, as it wont affect the safety and any way even if it all goes wrong  no one can blame syd,he's safe behind an indemnity clause with a large pot of taxpayers money.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

railsquid

Quote from: themadhippy on December 04, 2020, 03:04:23 PM
QuoteThis may come as a surprise to you but virtually all companies make profits and shareholders, who invest money taking risks at times, do actually get rewarded for doing so
As you are aware of the fact  why bother asking for proof,however the profit itself is not the main issue,even though pharmaceutical company's have a history of using publicly funded research to further there profits,its the no come back clause thats the  bigger issue.Taking you railway analogy, syds signals claim to have a revolutionary product that will allow more trains to run on the network,the government decide to refit the entire network with the new system,as part of the contract to get a better price,or be the first to have this new wonder system they agree there'll be no come back on syds signals  if something goes wrong.with no come back syd realises  maybe a corner can be cut here or a penny saved there,it wont matter, as it wont affect the safety and any way even if it all goes wrong  no one can blame syd,he's safe behind an indemnity clause with a large pot of taxpayers money.

So someone finally
finally found Syd.

Meantime could we take the wider socio-economic discussion out of this model railway forum to the newspaper comments section of your choice, where everyone can feel free to let rip to their heart's content?

guest311

I think, and it's only my personal view, that a lot of people will distrust the vaccine because

1. it's appeared so quickly

2. it's being pushed so hard by 'experts' and politicians, who have changed their minds so often that they are no longer trusted.

3. offers to 'be injected on live tv' don't wash, because those who no longer trust the 'experts' and politicians won't believe they are actually taking the vaccine.

it is a worry that so many people are against the vaccine, but I think understandable.

rules change on a daily basis

politicians are changing their stance daily

and trust has been lost.

this will no doubt cost lives.

if only things had been handled more honestly from the beginning, we might not be in this situation.

railsquid

[mod]We'll put this thread to sleep now as it's one of those subjects which attracts very strong opinions which are not conducive to the running of a model railway forum[/mod]

:locked:

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations