One for the Trekkies

Started by Adam1701D, August 22, 2013, 07:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

There's a new partwork in town, featuring the starships of Star Trek, starting with the Galaxy Class NCC 1701-D from The Next Generation, which I picked up yesterday.

Have to say the quality of the model is far better than I expected with a level of fine printing and panel work on a par with the best RTR model railways. The ship ha clear plastic inserts in the warp nacelles and a nice, heavy stand that allows for different display positions. Well worth £1.99 for the initial issue.

The next issue will feature the refit Enterprise from the Motion Picture, the finest spaceship ever designed IMHO, followed by the Klingon Bird of Prey.

Plenty of goodies promised including the Excelsior, Romulan Warbird, Voyager and even the Prometheus.

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Mike W

Do you know how much are the normal issues going to cost Adam?

If I get the first one, my OCD will kick in and I'll want the lot  ::)

davieb

Quote from: Mike W on August 22, 2013, 09:01:46 AM
Do you know how much are the normal issues going to cost Adam?

If I am correct the TV advert says £9.99

dave  :thumbsup:

Sprintex

Quote from: Mike W on August 22, 2013, 09:01:46 AM

Glad it's not just me that thinks like that then! :laugh:

Paul

Newportnobby

Just to set the cat amongst the pidgeons here, my favourite variation of Star Trek will always be Deep Space 9 so where's the model of that then :'(

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on August 22, 2013, 09:51:19 AM
Just to set the cat amongst the pidgeons here, my favourite variation of Star Trek will always be Deep Space 9 so where's the model of that then :'(

That probably disappeared up its own worm hole  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

4x2

Quote from: newportnobby on August 22, 2013, 09:51:19 AM
Didn't see a Borg cube in the ad either.... :(

Will be hard to fend off my OCD too....   Resistance is futile !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

scotsoft

Mike W

Quote from: davieb on August 22, 2013, 09:11:52 AM
If I am correct the TV advert says £9.99

dave  :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dave. Lovely models but can't justify spending that much.

simonprelude

4x2

Quote from: simonprelude on August 22, 2013, 12:21:17 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on August 22, 2013, 10:34:08 AM
More information here folks, including a Borg Cube  :goggleeyes:  :D

http://www.startrek-starships.com/eng/index.asp

Strange 'cube'....?

The cube comes as a freebie when you subscribe.... The sphere was in Startrek somewhere, i'm 90% sure i've seen it before... I'm a bit of a low calorie trekkie, so i couldn't tell you which episode.
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Adam1701D

The Borg Sphere first appeared in the movie First Contact and made numerous subsequent appearances in Voyager.

I agree that at £9.99 it is going to be very expensive - I may just get the odd one or two favourites.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

H

Hmm, didn't see a scale model of Seven of Nine - now that would make it worthwhile subscribing.  :drool:

H.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations