N scale/gauge catalogues

Started by AlanUS, November 04, 2018, 10:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanUS

Over years, the TroveStar team members have accumulated a large number of N scale model train catalogues, either in a printed form or as digital copies. Many of these catalogues are publicly available either from the manufacturers' websites, for the most recent ones, or from various N Scale or Model Trains fans' websites.

For our readers' convenience, we have decided to regroup in a single area on the TroveStar website all catalogues that we have found, in electronic pdf format. The catalogues are usually available in various languages, but sometimes only in the native language of the manufacturer. Some catalogues are covering several scales; in a few occasions, only the pages related to N scale have been included. Note that the resolution can vary from very low to excellent, depending on the source. As far as we can (or remember) we indicate our sources, recognizing the excellent work performed by several passionate modellers in gathering, scanning and publishing older catalogues.

Except for the blog introduction page, all catalogues are presented in list, in their directory. Many of our sources have opted for a much nicer presentation, but our goal here is to provide easily accessible catalogues for reference. Note that, whereas some of our sources have elected to show each page of catalogues as individual images, we have opted to regroup all pages of a given catalogue in a single pdf file, that we consider a more handy format.

We obviously welcome receiving links to new sources or a scanned copy of a catalogue missing in our collection.

You will find the access to the collection of N scale catalogues here.
N scale - CN, CP, BN, BNSF.
DCC - Uhlenbrock Intellibox IR / II - JMRI - Sprog - ESU LokProgrammer

AlanUS

New catalogues: Fleischmann, Roco, Woodland Scenics - this includes some very old ones.

AlanUS

We have added a few more since last post. Just have a look.

njee20

Agree, very interesting. Looking at Farish catalogues it's interesting to see that the 2003 one looks to be full of hideously dated, crude and inaccurate (50, 56) models, whilst the 2005 one includes the 66 and 60, which remain among my favourite models 15 years on.

jivebunny

Nice collection  8)

The younger ones here may find it odd to see the pre-privatisation Farish catalogues containing only big four, BR and BR sector liveries :D

JB

swisstrains

Excellent source of information. Thanks for all your hard work.

joe cassidy

I have to confess I would love to see the old Triang catalogues on there.

AlanUS

Quote from: joe cassidy on January 27, 2020, 11:18:34 AM
I have to confess I would love to see the old Triang catalogues on there.
I'll be happy to add those if anyone can scan copies and send to me.

daffy

Excellent resource Alan. Thanks to you and all at TroveStar who have compiled these.
:thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

I have just had a quick look - an excellent resource. Thank you.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

AlanUS

As I just got a kind reminder that I've not been very active (to say the least) on this forum for a while, some update:
- we have added new catalogues since I last posted
- unfortunately not that many on the British side

So, the offer still stands: should you have catalogues, notably the recent ones, in any form, we are interest to publish a scanned / electronic copy of them.

Adam1701D

The 1991 Lima Minitrain catalogue is certainly interesting - tucked away at the very end is a proposed range of (presumably) retooled Class 31s and PCA cement wagons. The model photos are the OO vehicles with added N-Gauge style couplers.

Never knew that Lima was planning a relaunch of their UK N range. Shame it never came about.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations