Farish buses start to arrive!

Started by Adam1701D, December 09, 2011, 07:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

moogle

They look good, the ones I can see that is.
Shame the rest have no pics.
Leyland Atlantean in London Country colours  :thumbsup:
Seem to remember going on a few of these from Gravesend to Dartford as a kid!
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Tank

I've just preordered a Leyland Atlantean. :NGAUGE:

Adam1701D

Can't wait to get some Atlanteans myself. Going to re-vinyl one up as AN7 in Rediffusion colours.

Been talking to some old friends in and AN7 became the first bus in the London Country fleet to wear the new green / white stripe NBC livery after losing it's brakes going down a hill in Stevenage.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Adam1701D

On the subject of buses, I wonder when this will appear in N...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2076/6516806755/#in/photostream

The Borismaster  :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Newportnobby

Quote from: captainelectra on December 15, 2011, 08:07:23 PM
Can't wait to get some Atlanteans myself. Going to re-vinyl one up as AN7 in Rediffusion colours.

Been talking to some old friends in and AN7 became the first bus in the London Country fleet to wear the new green / white stripe NBC livery after losing it's brakes going down a hill in Stevenage.

If I'd been in it at the time there would have been brown stripes :o

Tank

Quote from: captainelectra on December 15, 2011, 08:10:27 PM
On the subject of buses, I wonder when this will appear in N...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2076/6516806755/#in/photostream

The Borismaster  :)

That's a superb looking bus!  I didn't like it at first, but I can see the design features of it now.  Two lots of stairs?!  Fantastic idea.

4x2

From a bus drivers point of view... No better than a bendy bus ! Very long wheelbase means a huge turning circle and going extra wide around tight corners to avoid hitting kerbs. The mirrors don't look big enough either...

Sorry to put a downer on what should be a future icon of London, but as usual it seems the last people they asked for input from were the bus drivers... Everybody gets a say on how it looks, performs and how enviromentally sound it is, but nobody ever asks the poor sods who have to drive it for five and a half hours without a break, if it is comfortable or easy to drive on it's intended route.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love a go in one, but having driven Leyland Olympians in central London for a week doing rail replacement work after the 7/7 bombings (that was hard enough !) - I know i wouldn't want to spend a shift in one of those 40 foot long, £1 million monsters !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

tadpole

I'll be needing quite a few of these I suspect. VRs, Nationals, and the RELH.
Wonder why Hattons (or GF?) describe the united counties national as fitting the 1972-1982 era, they carried standard white fleetnames and NBC logos throughout this period.
Two rails good. Three better.

bees

Quote from: bluedepot on December 12, 2011, 08:57:27 PM
what's everyone's favourite bus then????!!!!!

My favourite to drive was definately the Dennis Pointer, little bus with loads of power!!!
I like to start each day the same, sit up and take a deep breath!
First objective for the day achieved, woohoo!!!

bees

Quote from: bees on December 15, 2011, 11:57:15 PM
Quote from: bluedepot on December 12, 2011, 08:57:27 PM
what's everyone's favourite bus then????!!!!!

My favourite to drive was definately the Dennis Pointer, little bus with loads of power!!!

.......Although yes I agree, the Leyland Atlanteans were great fun too!!!
I like to start each day the same, sit up and take a deep breath!
First objective for the day achieved, woohoo!!!

tadpole

>>what's everyone's favourite bus then?

Probably an AEC Reliance, with a late BET-style Marshall or Willowbrook 4-bay body, preferably in an attractive 2-tone green and cream livery, with Aldershot & District on the side.

B757-236GT

Im amazed no one has said the Bristol VR and the leyland national. They were the buses of the late 70s/early 80s. Although id add a vote for the olympian to. Painted green and yellow.

You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Lawrence

Not into busses or coaches but my brother is, you can see some of his here  ;D http://www.baylissexecutivetravel.co.uk/

tadpole

Whoah!
I was expecting a nice fleet of EFE models, not the real thing!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations