Oxrail 2023

Started by Ditape, September 17, 2023, 08:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditape

Diane Tape

Firstone18

Has anyone looked at the video?
If you do, take note of the windmill and the wind turbine rotation directions - I think both should be reversed? I'm not 100% sure about all UK windmills, but I am sure all wind turbines rotate clockwise when viewed from the blades side, i.e. with your back to the wind.
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Bealman

Yes, I have looked at the video but I wouldn't know the difference. It's a working gimmick feature on the layout, which is nice.

The wind turbine is going anticlockwise, but to my eyes, the old fashioned windmill is definitely going clockwise.

Does it seriously matter? They're working scenic features, we're not rivet counting here!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Firstone18

Quote from: Bealman on September 18, 2023, 09:14:10 AMYes, I have looked at the video but I wouldn't know the difference. It's a working gimmick feature on the layout, which is nice.

The wind turbine is going anticlockwise, but to my eyes, the old fashioned windmill is definitely going clockwise.

Does it seriously matter? They're working scenic features, we're not rivet counting here!
Definitely not counting rivets!
just something I noticed, and was curious about; from Google it seems most 'classic' windmills used in England for grinding grain, pumping water etc did rotate ACW and wind turbines do rotate CW. The reasons for the wind turbine rotation are beyond my understanding, but it seems there is a very good reason why they are CW.
I promise, no more comments on wind mills and wind turbines!
Cheers
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations